40 plus having TUMMY TUCKS

I am just over 40 and am having a TT in a couple months. I had twins a few years ago and until recently did not realise how bad my muscle separation was. I had resigned myself to just living with my tummy.

I recently saw a PS for another issue and we ended up discussing a TT as well. To be honest I think having it confirmed that my stomach would not improve by any means other than surgery made me more amenable to the cost. I always felt that I could not justify the cost purely for vanity.

Now I have made the decision to have a TT, I am getting quite excited about it and wished I had done it a year after having my twins. I should have just decided whether we were willing to spend the money rather than worrying about whether others would judge me as being vain.

I was almost 40 when i had my TT. I had back issues from having my kids (big bubs) and they are still quite young (under 7)as I had them in my 30's. I felt horrible naked and completely embarrassed and depressed about my body (even though the rest was quite fit!), with my saggy crepey belly looking 6 months pregnant :( Don't let anyone make you feel you are being vain. Your body was not meant to be this way, and you are having reconstructive surgery to fix it.....it's a bonus cosmetically that it looks better ;)

cheers

chacha

hi iam 40 and have had 4 kids ive hated my belly for years i saw a surgeon 10 yrs ago about a TT but never went ahead as i had no one to watch my kids now is finally the right time for me i maybe 40 but think us older woman have rights to still look attractive as well, well done sultan for taking the step id love to follow your journey ive FR you i also have before pics of my tummy for you to view thanks for sharing :)

I'm nudging 40 and mine is 'vanity'. My tummy is the size of about 5 months pregnant but all squishy. I can't stand the way it looks and I struggle to find clothes that look good. Being able to steer a full shopping trolley will be a bonus (major struggle atm). I don't think that being 40 is a reason not to want to look good and I think this surgery will improve things in the bedroom with hubby. The decision I'm struggling with is whether or not to get a BA when I get my BL.

I say enjoy and I look forward to following your journeys.

I am 40 and my reasons are part vanity and part medical need. I figure that in all other ways I am fit and vibrant and I plan to live until I am at least 80 and spending the next 40 years being miserable and selfconcious with my gross tummy is not an option! I suppose it is my mid life crisis! Could be worse :p

Hi girls, I am 46 (nearly 47) and I have just returned from Thailand for my tummy tuck. I have had 6 children over the past 27 years. My oldest is 27 and my baby is 4. I wanted one because I could have to live with this body for another 50 years. I couldn't get rid of my pregnant belly any which way I tried. I went to Thailand because of the recovery time away from the house, kids and domestic/business duties. I took 15 days off and found it was the best thing I ever did. He found extensive muscle damage and a hernia I didn't know I had. I also had lipo just for good measure.

Only one of my kids said something like your a bit old aren't you? I ignored him with a smile and moved on with my day hahahaha.

I don't believe the dreaded 40's is old. I am still young enough to wear nice clothes, go out with my husband etc etc, all stuff I want to look nice for. You won't regret it mate and just listen to your own heart. We on,y have one go on this earth, we don't get to come back and do the stuff we wish we had. Go for it :)

I'm 40 in march , I would love to have a TT in the near future I'm hoping next year ... Reason using sick of people asking me if I'm pregnant again it gets a bit depressing when people keep asking .... My last 2 babies have been big for me 8lb 5 oz , and the last bub was 9lb 6 oz no matter what I do I can't make it go....

Anyway goodluck with yours

MumO5

Hi Im 50 in April, booked a tummy tuck for 7th May, reason is my kids married and got their lives, i was left with a big apron of skin, which ive carried for 25 years! it has affected my confidence in almost everything i do, i want to enjoy life again with my grandchildren and not constantly thinking about my belly...

I'll be turning the big 4-0 next year (and look no where near it may I add. Have been blessed with young looking genes and not one grey yet!) and had my TT last October. I didn't really think of my age,just waited until the time was right, as I decided long ago I wasn't going to live with a deformed looking body for the rest of my life. Nothing to do with being vain & like cha cha said don't let anyone let you feel that way. 40 is not old!

Hi Stef!

I am 48 & recently had a TT & BA 6 weeks ago now in Thailand. Results are Amazing! My implants were put up through my TT incission, so no extra scars in the armpit area, and recovery much better!

I Hateed the saggy tummy after having my kids and it made me so consious & extreamly upset. I could not wear many clothes as it just stuck out through them! I Never wore a Bikini as my tummy ws that bad, so it was boy shorts & long tee's!

My results now are Fantastic and I have Not regretted doing this. I just Love my New body and i actually put on a bikini for the 1st time last week and Cried! I looked Fantastic even at 48! Whoop Whoop :D

Thailand has Bad stories about it, but its Not true! I have over 200 ladies on my group site waiting to go, plus some already have and just have had Gr8 experiences sharing their storys on my Private Group Forum on FB.

So cheap to go & have surgery there too. I paid $12k for TT, BA, Flights, Accommodations, Every thing! :D

Hazel :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 43yrs old and after having had 3 kids I felt it was time to take care of myself.

I've got many years left to live and want to enjoy them without having to worry about what I wear and what i look like all the time.

So sick of the excess skin and the constant tummy bulge that always makes me look pregnant - when I'm definitely not!!

Stef,

I am looking at BA & TT, I will be 40 this year. Two kids left behind extra skin and so far no exercise has been able to get rid of it, this to me is looking like the only option if I want it to go....

Hazel, you have given me some more hope about the Thailand option and the TT & BA at the same time. I am looking into this and it seems a little scary.

Sounds interesting having the implants put in through your TT incision, where did you get this done?

thanks ladies for sharing its nice to know there r others that feel there still young enough to want to feel gd about themselves :)

Hi Steph!

I had a tummy tuc & breast augmentation this January at 48! Something that I have wanted for over 10 years as i got way over stretched after having my kids, & ended up with a very floppy belly! I had so many stretch marks too, & this just so upset me that much every time I looked at myself in the mirror. Clothes didnt fit properly, could never wear a bikini in the simmer so I lived in shorts & tees and I never let anyone see me naked, I felt that bad!

In the end I researched cosmetic surgery here in New Zealand but after contacting All the surgeons here, found that the costs to have a Tummy Tuc was over $18k. I just could not afford that so started looking at Thailand, as I had heard of many ladies going over their for surgery!

After 2 yrs of researching hospitals in Thailand I decided to go their. My marriage broke up 3 years ago, & my husband at the time always Promised me that I could have this done, but Never delivered! Well this Jan I took out a loan and booked my surgery in Thailand & went!

Was a bit scary to say the least going over to a Foreign country, but once there I was amazed at how lovely Thailand was. Hospitals very clean, nurses extremely friendly & very caring and the same with the doctors. They took very good care of me and I was treated the best there than I have ever before in hospitals here!

After my surgery I just rested for the 10 days that I was there as I wanted to heal properly & did not want any thing to go wrong.

I can tell you now Steph, that this was the Best Decision that I have Ever made in my life having this tummy tuc done. The results are Amazing & I am so very happy with my results. Have a lovely flat tummy with only a few stretch marks that are barely noticable & a lovely new belly button too :o

I also had my boobs done whilst there as for the both, only cost me $9500. NZ My implants were put up through my tummy which was great as I have no scars under my arms or breast and was easier to move my arms afterwards. Only one doctor in Thailand does this, this way! Amazing eh! :)

I have the best body that I could ever have wished for & i just Love it! I am extreamly happy!

I dont regret having this done at all, and at 48 too! Why not as we only live once, so live life to the max I say and be Happy with yourself :D

Never too old hun. ok

Hazel ;)

Thanks so much Hazel for posting that.

I have 2 grown kids and a tummy that looks fat and round all the time.

It dosen't seem to matter what I wear my eyes see the tummy first. I turn 50 this year and have decided not to feel guilty either.

When my dad died in 2011 he left me a bit of money that I am going to spend on this. I also have thought that people think nothing of spending $20,000 on a car that might last them only 10 years and I only want to spend $12,000 on a body that will last till I die.

I would so like to get a tummy Tuck and a breast lift but the breast lift is a worry after reading stories of uneven nipples and numbness. I cant wait. but I still have to do the research and have some consultations.

But I definitely do find reading these posts helpful..

Jenny

• 2 weeks later...