Sign in to follow this  
judgemenot

Breast Reconstruction

Hi,

Getting ahead of myself, but was wondering if anybody knows of someone either in Phuket or Bangkok who can do this at the same time as a double mastectomy ie, Breast surgeon specializing in cancer and well as a PS who can work together as a team in reconstruction.

Cheers

Hi Shatam,

Just being pre-emptive at the moment. I did confirm with Dr Poomee before I left Bangkok whether he did reconstructions. He chooses not to. His wife said at this stage of his career he can afford to be fussy with the procedures he does. She said, that reconstruction patients can sometimes be unhappy with the outcome so he chooses not to do them.

Saw this and wanted to say I hope you re ok. My sister had breast cancer. I looked into it myself for a bit for a preventative mastectomy/ reconstruction but didn't find anything on google. From what I ve heard here is that usually you have two surgeons working together. One performes the mastectomy and the other does reconstruction.

I would contact a few hospitals directly. I'm pretty sure Bangkok hospital does cancer treatment as well so maybe they could work something out for you. Just send them an email. They ll also recommend surgeons who can do reconstruction.

All the best.