Sign in to follow this  
summer88

what are some good meals to prepare for after surgery?

besides bingeing on yogurt and pineapple juice.

Ill be staying at a motel on my own after surgery for 6 days before a friends comes down to help out so I trying to plan simple meals in plastic containers for those first few days.I don't mind making it now and warming it up in the microwave later. Ill assume I wont be able to move my upper lip in the first 2-3 days.

Hi, I am now 5 days post opp! ( can't believe it).

Food wasn't an issue for me, had roast lamb for lunch in hospital day 1 post opp.

Toast I cut into little soldiers, easier to pop in your mouth and bite rather than dealing with a whole piece of toast. I began eating things like yoghurt and soup, but found I can manage most things ( mostly things you can put on a fork as you wouldn't want to try to wrap your face around a big fat burger)

I'm living off weight watchers meals frit and yoghurt Yummo and easy.

Avoid ( you'll laugh because I'm n idiot) spicey food! I know what an idiot. I ad spicey satay chicken, let me say the process of rhynoplasty is pretty gross to start ith, then add spicey food. Well just don't do it :)

A heap of arnica, I have had NO bruising! NONE.

Good luck with your surgery. Don't worry about self care after, you'll be fine. :) it really s a very easy process ( who'd have thought)

Homebrue12- made me laugh about the spicy food! Yes definitely no spicy food and add hot liquids to that as well as they both tend to dilate blood vessels causing increased bruising, swelling and can even cause bleeding. And just make sure you have a knife and fork because you want to avoid anything that makes you open your mouth too wide. Otherwise you can eat as normal.