Sign in to follow this  
MissNewBoobies

Over sensitive nipples / period

Hey everyone

Just thought I'd mention this:

Yesterday I emailed dr Harwood nurses asking when my nipple over sensitivity would stop being painful, and she replied literally in 2 minutes (wow) and said that the sensitivity should last a few menstrual cycles, 4-6months. Yesterday was my second last day, I took my bra off when I got home and couldn't believe how the sensitivity has decreased. So obviously they get more sensitive during your time of the month and a week before (for me) !

Just thougt is share this - obviously not the same for everyone, but it might be helpful to someone stressing over sensitivity!

Sorry about my typos, morning tea break on iPhone so rushin haha. X

We must be in sync haha monthlies arrived yesterday and I cannot believe how sensitive my nipples are!! I haven't been like you and had sensitives nips from the get go...only since yesterday --- I now feel your pain :(

Yesterday I was wearing my post op sports bra with some fabric padding cup things as well as my ahh bra over all of that, and if I ran my hand over the top my nips still could feel it....under THREE LAYERS!!!

Haha well I was freaking out thinking holy crap my nipples are going to be so bad for so long :(

And then once my nurse had told me that my sensitivity would last a few menstrual cycles, I just thought she meant a few months.

It wasnt until I took my bra off at the end of it and realised what she was talking about - I'm STUPID.

But its good !:) haha

Im only 2.5 weeks post op and I had really sensitive nipples before the op. They have gotten SOOOO much worse now :( was hoping for some numb ones!

I was wondering if it was normal for them to painful as well so thank you for this thread :)