Sign in to follow this  
blondie68

Im worried about Breast Lift scars - any suggestions/comments please

Hi I need a breast lift as well as implants but Im worried that the scarring will outweigh the results. I will have scar around nipple then veritally down from nipple & horizontal underneath breast. After photos look a bit scary. Im booked in early April in Bangkok.

Thanks

Hi Blondie68

You will have scars after your breast lift - ther is no getting away from that. The areola scars will hardly be noticeable, after a while, so don't worry about that :) For the anchor shape, I recommend you use a silicone tape like Siltape. For further info PM me:)

Hey guys,

I had a full breast lift went from a 10d to a 12dd. I have a full lollipop scar, so around the nipple and then down the the bottom of my breast and across. Feel free to add me and check out my before and after pics. Dr teerasit at bumrungrad :-) love the new boobs, don't mind the scars at all. Only my boyfriend sees those anyway ;-)

hi Yasmin, I'm having ba and lift and too am a little worried about scarring. Actually a bit more than little... I have read a lot about post op care - silicon tape etc. did you use arnica before the op and post for the bruising? are you also using bio oil? I'll fr you

Thanks ladies for advice - has reassured me. Is it worth using bio oil before surgery or waste of time? Can some lifts be done with more minimal scarring? How long before you can exercise afterwards? Ie running, weights etc. I know what they recommend is 4 - 6 weeks but I will go crazy if I have to wait that long lol

Can some lifts be done with more minimal scarring? How long before you can exercise afterwards? Ie running, weights etc. I know what they recommend is 4 - 6 weeks but I will go crazy if I have to wait that long lol

An areola lift will give you the minimum scarring. But I believe they only use that incision when you have minor sagging. I'm sure that will be covered in your consult with Dr Suchart (if you haven't had it already - since you're up 2moro!!).

I've heard the siltape is cheaper in Thailand. But maybe only $20. I'm going to suss it out here first before heading over.

You should be able to do the reclined bike several weeks after your op. Again, no doubt you've already asked those questions with your PS. All the best for 2moro!!

Hey blondie. I have cancelled my surgery in phuket...THANKGOD!!!! A surgeons were telling me tha I need a lift and I seem surgeons in aus who said I definitely DON'T!!!needless to say I'm having my BA in aus now. Xx

silicone tape is the way to go and I actually have dissolvable stitches and my dressing/tape is silicone to help straight away. bio oil is good but you cant use it on broken skin/open wounds so by the time you get to use it on your scars they are already healed, all bio oil does is fade that over time but if it doesn't heal well to start with it wont make much difference.