Sign in to follow this  
KatherineTinkerBell

Things to do in Phuket

Apologies if this is in the wrong section - admin feel free to move if need be :)

Hey everyone, I am just wondering what the "must see or to do" things are in Phuket?

I am going with my partner and we are 22-25 years old. We like the whole drinking night clubbing scene and want to see the "Thai Nightlife"

My partners a muay thai fighter so definitely want to see the local fights.

Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to do day trips etc to the island, I don't want to go in boats just in case I fall over and face plant :S or get my nose wet.

We love nice food, so any awesome restaurants to go to?

Shopping of course! Shows, spas oh and a gun range? or just activities guys like to do?

Any suggests please let me know :)

ETA: In bali there are really nice bars with swimming pools like Ku De Ta and Potato Head, anyone know of spots like this in Phuket?

Phuket heritage trails/tours look fantastic, check our trip advisor or facebook for details.

Day tours hire a driver, lots of great sights out and about.

I've been browsing the phuket forum on trip advisor, it's been a great source of info.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section - admin feel free to move if need be :)

Hey everyone, I am just wondering what the "must see or to do" things are in Phuket?

I am going with my partner and we are 22-25 years old. We like the whole drinking night clubbing scene and want to see the "Thai Nightlife"

My partners a muay thai fighter so definitely want to see the local fights.

Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to do day trips etc to the island, I don't want to go in boats just in case I fall over and face plant :S or get my nose wet.

We love nice food, so any awesome restaurants to go to?

Shopping of course! Shows, spas oh and a gun range? or just activities guys like to do?

Any suggests please let me know :)

ETA: In bali there are really nice bars with swimming pools like Ku De Ta and Potato Head, anyone know of spots like this in Phuket?

Hi I think Bangla road is the nightlife haven for locals and tourist my neice (she is 22 i call her little miss nightclub lol!)just com back from phuket and that's we're her and friends went every night and had an awesome time :)

Went to Phuket many years ago and had a blast! Bangla road is def where it all happens (lady boys, prostitutes, games, bars, strippers, shopping) a definite sight seeing adventure.

Patong beach isn't the nicest beach (bit like kuta, dirty), so explore Phuket with a driver. Don't pay to hold the animals (cameleons, monkeys etc) as they are drugged :( to mellow them out.

The FantaSea show is good :)

Our boat trip to the islands was horrendous! So rough, I thought I was gonna die! So good idea not to do that after surgery cos it'd be just a wee bit painful.

Shopping and eating! And drinking of course haha ;)

Enjoy :)

Hi Katherine tinker bell

You 2 will be right if you like to party Bangla rd is the party life, soi tiger is where everyone seemed to be ....They say New York is the place that never sleep , I think it has competition with Thailand for sure ...

Surin beach is beautiful its like a nice warm bath and clean ....

Muay Thai boxing just near jungceylon shopping centre , shooting range between patong and karon..

Lots of nice places to eat but there are way to many to choose from lol...

Phuket has way to much to offer we were there 2 weeks and done a lot with a lot more to see so we are heading back to Phuket in nov for a family holiday for a month ....

MumO5

Thanks everyone for the replies!! I'm going to have to start writing a list down of the things and places to see. There just seems to be so many!

Thanks Maz_Snowy I have heard about them drugging animals and I am totally against that! I am not even going to see the tigers because I think it's absolutely horrible and will not support that!

Looks like Bangla is the place to go haha I just hope the ladies and lady boys leave my partner alone haha are they bad with harassing etc?

Thanks 2shea I will definitely look at the Heritage trails :)

Katherine tinker bell you partner won't get harassed they leave you alone....

About the animals you don't see that many of them on the streets but a few are there .... We as in my partner and I are animal lovers and my partner held a python that def wasn't drugged as we have pythons at home and it behaved exactly like ours does normally , yes tigers that you have pics with would be drugged I'm sure , monkeys I'm not sure some maybe but the ones I played with wasn't she was to active...

Anyway go and see for yourself because half the stuff we heard before we went was all bull ....

You hear so much and it's totally different ...

When are you going ?

mumO5

Hey!

I was in Phuket In August(for holiday) and going back in April for BA with my partner!

It is awesome, make sure you get a chance to see all the island - There is a REALLY good market in 'old phuket town" great for local, well made food and walking shopping and eating! Just be aware everything comes in a plastic bag (it kinda freaked me out but its fine).

Drink water from a brought bottle, in regards to food we ate mainly street food as we wondered around the place with neither of us getting sick.

In regards to them harassing your partner - My parter is a 6'6 body builder, good looking ect - We never really had girls/ladyboys pestering. They would always come over if you take a seat at a bar or something, and we would generally chat to them, and they get the drift. Although - I will remember once we were getting a massage together, i turned my head and my partner (as his quite tall and solid) had 3 thai ladies on him because he was too much of a job for 1 person! Was very funny!!

They are such lovely people!! Enjoy it!

Hi Katherine!

I was in Phuket 2 years ago. Bangla Road is definitely the place to be. There is loads of shopping in Patong and markets along the beach all within walking distance. We went with 2 kids (boys ages 7 and 14). My partner, myself and the older boy did get the occassional 'how you doing?' from the prostitutes, but they are generally pretty good and leave you alone ... if you show no interest in them ;-)

There are loads of places to eat in this area also ... some places i would avoid, but you can tell what's not doing to be good by looking it. The cooked insects at the markets on the beach for instance!

The Fantasea Show is really good.

There is elephant riding on the hill between Patong Beach and Karon Beach. It's probably not the best ride in Phuket but was enjoyable, close and good if you are just wanting to experience riding an elephant.

The cobra show is totally freaky! It's close to Patong (on the hill as you are coming in). I am totally terrified of snakes and this show totally topped it off .... i had nightmares for months! Definitely not up to Aussie standards with regards to safety (eg. Cobra's in cages with chicken wire ... we just about had a heart attack seeing my 7 yr old poking his fingers into the king cobra's cage that had it's head reared up looking very angry).

Definitely make the most of massages while you are there! They are everywhere and sooooooo cheap!!!

Hope you have a great time! Not long now!

I'm so excited!

Maz xo