Sign in to follow this  
Mummyof3

Compression bra??

I just spoke to the practice manager of Dr Robert Love here in Perth about quotes and during the conversation she mentioned that Dr Love does not recommend compression bras after surgery...?? He recommends a 'shelf' type bonds singlet. Post op girls, what are your thoughts on this? Are they absolutely necessary?

Hi,

I only had to wear my compression bra for 4 days post-op. my PS wanted me to change into an Aaahh Bra as soon as possible so the compression doesn't indent the implant & also because he said my pecs were very developed they are wrapped so tightly around the implant it isn't going anywhere.

I thought it odd, but ur PS knows best. Aaahh bra is so compy as compression can feel abit suffocating but initially ur skin is to tight & implants so heavy the Aaah bra doesn't feel supportive enough. So I just gave my boobs a few extra days for skin to loosen b4 deserting the compression bra

Hi Mummyof3. Compression garments are used by most surgeons worldwide for these reasons:

1.Even compression provides improved blood flow to the site of the surgery to promote better healing.

2.Surgical grade compression helps to control swelling and bruising.

3.Marena post surgical garments have an anti-bacterial component built into the fabric to help prevent infection.

4.The cups on the B01 bra are computer generated to position the breasts in the optimum position (facing forward).

From my point of view, after spending thousands of dollars on the the procedure, I would want to ensure I gave my new breasts etc. the best possible chance of achieving the best outcome possible. A Marena Surgical Bra costs less than $50, and they can be worn as a sports bra later.

Having said that, you should make sure you do follow your surgeons advice. I can only say that the majority of surgeons here in Perth use Marena garments.

I think if I didn't wear one, I would be in so much extra pain. I'm 8 days post op and been told to wear it 24/7 for 2 weeks.

The best decision I made was buying 2 of them, so I could wear one in the shower with me too. A couple of days after my surgery it actually hurt when I took it off too because I didn't have that support.