Sign in to follow this  
desertdoe

Perth Surgeons

Perth Surgeons

Hiya Gals!!

So good to see local girls,, I am just at the beginning of my "New Boobs" quest!

I see that most people have recommended Dr Briggs and I will be watching

with interest to see how their appts go,, I have had an education appt with

Dr Chans offices, and found it really helpful.

Mum of 1, who is now..*gulp* 13..and I am 41 ,I think that now is the time for me!!!

I am thinking of going to a few here in Perth to see what is available and of course

who I think will be the right surgeon for me.

Could anyone tell me what they have had in the way of charges at all?

Not to sure what the average cost would be?

thanks heaps..

Hi desertdoe,

I have booked with Dr. Chan for first week of July and only finalised my costs yesterday, it was a lot more expensive than I thought and much more expensive than my initial quote but my initial quote wasn't from Dr Chan. I shopped around and could have gone to any of them I think they are all really reputable but I liked Dr Chan and felt very comfortable.

My costs are as follows (rounded up)

Surgeon - $10,90

Hospital - $2,600 (at SJOG I think other hospitals may be cheaper)

Anaethetist - $935

Good luck.

Hi Theresa

I received the same pricing from Dr Chan as well. I am waiting on getting moles removed before I can go any further with booking my date for surgery. The moles are getting removed on the 1st July (Friday). Once the pathology comes back I am free to go ahead with my BA.

Please let me know how you go with your surgery with Dr Chan. I have seen Dr Briggs but preferred Dr Chan instead. My hubby reckons I should get another surgeons opinion as well so might do that as well.

What type of implants, size, etc are you getting done with Dr Chan.

Kathy

Hi Girls.

My surgeon was Dr Allbrook. His price was including hospital and implants came in at around $13600, and from my shopping around that is basically what you will pay for a good reputable surgeon in Perth.

I had my surgery done at Bethesda Hospital in Claremont - and although when you ring thru it may sound a couple of hundred more expensive they work out about the same or cheaper than SJOG...when you get your hospital costs compare the length of time they estimate you will be in surgery (as they charge by the 1/4 hour). Bethesda over estimated by about a quarter hour but I was given a refund on the surgery time not used. Check how much surgery time they allocate in that quote because if your surgeon goes over the time allocated you will be charged EXTRA for the time used.

Dr Allbrook was amazing and I am really REALLY happy with my results.

Hi Kathy1979

I hope everything goes well with your procedure :)

I'm getting 300cc, Nagor silicone gel, smoothe, high profile, subpectoral. My sister keeps trying to get me to go more as she's going 345cc (she lives in adelaide) but I'm happy with the 300cc. I will definately keep you posted on how I go. Am so nervous .... keep second guessing myself if I should be doing this. I know I really want it and I'm in my mid 30's so I keep telling myself that they will look worse in ten years time - that kind of reassures me that I'm making the right decision. I think I'm only second guessing myself because this procedure is totally for me and the recovery will mean that I won't be as hands on with the kids for a while.

OMG Theresa you sound like me. I am going to be getting 325cc silicone gel, smooth, high profile, subpectoral and i am 32 this year. I keep second guessing myself as well, questioning whether i really need them and if i am just being silly. But i know that i want them so bad and will always pine for them if i dont get them. I have 2 small children and just know that they will drive my hubby crazy while I am recovering. I am gettng my mole removed on Friday and after once pathology is clear i am free to book a date. Please let me know how you go with your surgery with Dr Chan as that will make me more confident booking my date.

Thanks!!

Hiya,

Thanks heaps ladies for your replies, although I am still along way off my augmentation, (Dec2012)

It certainly helps to have other points of views!

I am so glad that I am not the only one who has the guilts on this!, it will take me awhile to save up, but I feel it will be way worth it,

Interested in your opinions on the textured vs smooth?. And why you have chosen that perticular one.?

Will keep tabs on this forum..

Doe

Hi there

I have chosen smoothe as I really want a natural look, I quite liked the look and feel of my boobs when early breastfeeding so that's ultimately what I am after. I know the massage is important and I'm happy to do it, have also read that the behind the muscle has much less risk of CC then overs ??? Mind you, read so much that it's conflicting it's sometimes hard to get a real 'fact'.

I'm going in on Monday to confirm my size .... am thinking about going a little bigger. With all that's involved I figure I don't want to be wishing I had gone a bit bigger down the track.

I'll let you know how I get on.

OMG .... only 7 sleeps to go

I Am so Excited for you Theresa!!! you must be so excited. Its always hard to commit to a size as like u said its a big deal and costs a lot so you want to make sure you are happy, u dont want to have the hanging "should of gone bigger" after the surgery.

I cant wait me mine. Getting moles removed this morning so not long til I can book my date!!

Hiya ladies!!

Wow not long now Theresa! I can't wait for my turn,,, but it's a little way off yet! :-((

Have either of you, or any others heard of a Dr Turner in West Perth?

Any feedback is great!

Doe

Hi desertdoe

I haven't heard of Dr Turner in West Perth, I only really connsidered Dr Briggs or Dr Chan and went with Dr Chan.

Feel great I am actually so surprised at how well I feel so soon after my procedure. I thought for sure I'd be in a lot more pain and would find it difficult doing things but today I have been washing dishes, folding some clothes, playing with my little 3yo on the floor (okay we were only making necklaces so nothing strenuous). But overall have been really happy that the recovery has gone so well. Gives me good hope that when hubby goes back to work in a week I will be okay :)

Hello,

I am also looking at getting my boobs done. To be honest, I still can't decide if I should or not. I have had three kids and with each pregnancy my boobs were stretched even further!!! Last baby had me at a 12E during pregnancy and then they increased even more once the milk came. I don't know of the size coz I still wore the same bra just tighter as I wasn't Breast Feeding.

I have noticed a couple of you are Mummies too. How does the after pain of surgery compare to that of when your milk comes in after baby?? I had swelling right up to my collar bone and under my arms. It was a killer but only lasted a few days until the milk went away.

Also, I am looking at going through Absolute Cosmetics in Perth with Dr Murray. Have any of your heard or read anything about them or him?

I have been given a basic run down of costs:

$8800 Dr Fee

$1430 for the implants (As a Set)

$1320 theatre fee

$1650 the anaesthetist fee

The will also be a fee for my Bra and Medication.

We have decided to go with a finance option too. Anyone considered this???

hi desertdoe,

I would highly recommend that you see Mr Alister Turner, West Perth. I was referred to him by model Michelle Johnson to whom I am forever grateful to. Mr Turner is the best plastic surgeon in Perth for Breast Augmentation.

Please do not see Mr Stephan Chan, I can liken his work to MsPlastic's review of Thailand plastic surgeons. I had complications with both breast implants placed by Mr Chan and they were highly unaesthetic. One complication or one breast implant - acceptable. Both breasts and several complications - unacceptable. I was a fit healthy 26 yr old.

Edited by six operations

12 hours ago, Mars said:

Is this site still active 

Hey, I've recently had my BA done nearly 4 weeks ago with Perth plastic surgeon Dr Mark Lee. Feel free to ask me any questions ?

I'm looking into a mummy makeover in perth or Thailand.

I live 1200kms north of perth so I can't just pop in for a consult.

Has anyone had a mummy makeover in Perth recently that could give me an idea of what it will cost?And recommended an excellent surgeon. Thanks.