Sign in to follow this  
sassy

should I stop taking the pill?

Hi Ladies, in august I will be getting my BA done, I'm currently on the pill. the pill increases my breast size by 1 0r 2 bra sizes. im currently a 12d and if i was to stop taking the pill i will deflate (even more) to a c cup. anyway my question is would it better that i was off the pill so my breasts would decrease in size to get the correct implant fitting?

silly question i know....:o:confused:

Your surgeon will probably be the best one to answer this. But if it was me I would probably stick with whatever I planned to do after... if up intend to be taking the pill afterwards I would stick with it... otherwise your boob's will grow again after and may change your result

Hi sassy I once heard the only silly question is the one not asked.

Be mindful that implants are only going to increase what you already have, if that extra cup size it from swelling or fluid retention from the pill then when you get off it at any point - implants or not - it will change your boobs but not your implants - unlike breast feeding your natural tissue shouldn't be adversely affected by it. Xx

Good question! I was thinking about this too and glad to have stumbled over a thread like this. I just went back on the pill last week after being off it for 6 months and my skins has NEVER looked worse. I have more zits than a 15 year pubescent boy!! I'd go along with what ever your surgeon recommends hun.

I dont know what my docs stance is on this seeing as I dont take the pill, but from what i see on here it is generally a no you shouldnt take it because as Loz said it increases your chances or bruising, but in the meantime just get fitted with your larger boobs because i assume youll be taking it for a large majority or your life therefore they will remain big, i always thought the pill/boobs relationship was a myth interesting

This is a great thread! I have my BA tomorrow and just wondering if I should take my pill beforehand like normal? I am told to fast from midnight tonight and if any pills are to be taken they can be with a sip of water but i just freak out that if i take it and get to the hospital they will refuse me for taking it... my PS said it was fine taking in the lead up but didnt think to ask about on the day. Feeling confused haha. Hope someone can help - thanks ladies xo

Miss Buzz, totally fine to take. More risky to miss that pill in the long run love. If you feel better just dont declare it on the paperwork or take it when you get home from surgery (I know a few hours late). It wont be the make or break.

This is a great thread! I have my BA tomorrow and just wondering if I should take my pill beforehand like normal? I am told to fast from midnight tonight and if any pills are to be taken they can be with a sip of water but i just freak out that if i take it and get to the hospital they will refuse me for taking it... my PS said it was fine taking in the lead up but didnt think to ask about on the day. Feeling confused haha. Hope someone can help - thanks ladies xo
I would probably not take it. Just to be safe. Don't want to be turned down for surgery over one pill. You can take it straight after the surgery and it won't really matter :)