Sign in to follow this  
beka87

is it bad for your implants

is it bad for your implants to wear a push up bra? Iv read a million times it can change the shape of your breast permanently..but then i read alot of girls wearing them, would smooth or textured, above or under muscle make a difference?

I think its fine after about 3 months when your implant has settled and your tissue has all healed. remember your implant is placed into a pocket so it can't move out of there, and you cant change the shape of your implant as its a gel which will always settle back to the shape of its casing

thanks hun, i guess i just have to deal with the fact it looks diff when i first take off the bra...and i have not even tried a push up bra or padded as of yet, cos if a normal bra does it im worried what a push up bra can do...i also have really think skin and im 1 year post op.

I have seen girls that wear underwire all the time and they look like they have extra creases in they boobs and have to massage them out but I can still notice them 😁 I have spoken to my doctor and he suggested wait more then 3 months I have Tried a few on but haven't had them on all day

Boobiemumma - if you are getting creases from your bra - you may need to get refitted!!! Bras should encase your boobs and mould to them - not push down on them with wire in places to give you creases :( My gf experienced this a lot - until she got refitted and upsized to a bra that fit.

Beka - I am about 15 weeks out and I wear a push up bra a few days a week - I have gone up a cup in these bras as they squish your boobs up and can make your boobs look square if they are tight (much more comfortable too!!). They more push them together a wee bit (my cleavage gap is already quite small) and give them a rounder look - rather then push them up (which can be really uncomfortable) - My PS gave me the go ahead from week 8-12 to wear a push up bra only once a week - then from 12 weeks "go nuts" haha. Hope this helps !! Xx