Sign in to follow this  
Cath80

Swelling

I am now 5 weeks post revision rhino, most of the work was done to the tip of my nose. The swelling has dropped allot but is still very much there and is noticeable from the front. It does seem to be worse in the morning or after alcohol and I got a cold last week and the thing puffed right back up again, very frustrating!

I know to expect the swelling to be around for awhile, especially as it was revision but does anyone have any tips they used to get it to go down quicker?

Yes that's absolutely right the swelling can be decreased but is still very much there and is recognizable from the front. It does seem to be more intense in the morning or after alcohol

[TABLE="width: 943"]

[TR]

[TD="width: 943"]Accident and Sickness Insurance[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by Charle

As frustrating as it is, I think you need to be patient a little longer with your results.

I think it does take longer for the swelling to go down and for it to start feeling 'normal' again.

So try not to worry and also look after yourself.

No one really prepares you for this experience and I would just say try to be patient. :o

After the first week or 2 of taping (to control initial swelling), I think its all about lifestyle. Avoiding: strenuous exercise, chilli, too much alcohol, sleepless nights. My swelling appears to be all gone down, although every skin type is different, so your miles will vary.