Sign in to follow this  
Mrs-B

Boxing for exercise

Hi all,

I guess this is mostly aimed at the post op ladies. Does anyone else do boxing for fitness and how long post op did you start back? I was cleared for everything at 8 weeks post op so did boxing but now my PITA left boob is sore! I did it Monday and was a tiny bit sore but put it down to muscle soreness, then again on Thursday and since then it's been quite sore and feels a bit... Well weird is the only word I can come up with.

Mr right side is fine and I don't even notice I have an implant but my left has given me grief on and off the whole time.

Hi MrsB I'm interested in hearing from post op girls on this too as I love boxing its suck great fitness with mega toning :) so u waited 8 weeks before hitting the gloves up again?

Yeah at 8 weeks because I figured I was allowed to resume exercise as normal then so I waited, it felt fine while I was doing it. I still can't do even half a push up on my knees though so I do all abs and legs instead. Boxing is my favourite work out, I would do it every day if I could :)

I started at the gym for 3 days before I started up boxing again to stretch it out bit. was bit sore the first 2 days as you are moving quiet a bit. Try wearing 2 sport bras. I started up at 8 week's so I think u should be fine . I have been doing it for 3 or 4 weeks now and I'm fine. Still can't do proper push ups. And pec muscles are still tight but I'm getting the strength back slowly.

I've been exercising as often as I can but have limited my arm work (did a circuit with some light arm weights and lift things at work) and I wear 2 sports bras already these babies don't move a mm. Ill just keep going to see how it feels but it aches quite a bit? I will go easy on my left arm tomorrow. I think because it feels so different to my right it makes me worry, hopefully unnecessarily

Hey Mrs-B, I've been cleared to get back into gym classes now at 6/7 weeks post-op. I'll be hitting the boxing class this Wed night - yay! I've been walking on the treadmill - pretty fast & inclined since I was 1 week post-op so I don't feel like I've lost my fitness level as such but I tried doing some push-ups the other day & it was really tough. I'll be taking it easy in boxing for sure though. Hope your soreness is just muscular & you pick it up again quickly. Did u find it harder to hit or catch in boxing? I actually had my first jog this morning - secured by 3 sports/crop tops - it was awesome :)

Hi DCPL, I didn't find it any different boxing/pad holding except for the high punches feel a bit weird, I have lost a bit of strength though :) I have been running and doing a 100 challenge for a few weeks so my fitness was fine too thank god. Pre op I was up to doing 40 push ups in a go and in a lot of my classes I did at least 100, all on my feet! I miss them heaps because my arms were so toned from them..

I think I'd be able to do a few strength wise, at least on my knees anyway but I can't get past that weird pulling feeling.