Sign in to follow this  
BlondeMumma

Help!! I have a cold 2 days before my BA!!

Ok, so now I'm starting to panic. I have had this stupid cold since Tuesday and I can't seem to shake it. I fly to Bangkok tomorrow and my surgery is on Tuesday. Does anyone have any good cures for a cold? I have tried just about everything I can think of. Also, does anyone know if my surgery will be able to go ahead if I still have this cold? It is mostly just a very stuffy nose. No fevers or cough, I just sound very nasal atm.

Please help me. Thanks in advance!!

try a saline nasal spray to clear out your sinuses, a steam bath as well with eucalyptus oil. vitamin c, lots and lots of it. heaps and heaps of water too. good luck I hope that it goes away - they wont operate if you have any kind of cold symptoms as it can affect your breathing while you are under GA which is very dangerous. GOOD LUCK!!!!

I once read on here they would still operate unless you are chesty, or signs of infection.

I guess it depends on the hospital/surgeon.

Good luck hope you clear up :)

try a saline nasal spray to clear out your sinuses, a steam bath as well with eucalyptus oil. vitamin c, lots and lots of it. heaps and heaps of water too. good luck I hope that it goes away - they wont operate if you have any kind of cold symptoms as it can affect your breathing while you are under GA which is very dangerous. GOOD LUCK!!!!

I agree with what Jess said..good luck!,hopefully it clears for you soon xx

I asked my surgeons pa about this and she said they will only cancel the operation if you are really bad like coughing and sneezing and really chesty.

It might be different with your surgeon though. Perhaps send them an email and Check?? You would hate to go over there and not have the op!! :(

Hope it works out for you.

I too have a bit of a stuffy nose ATM chewing vit c lots heaps of water and have been doing netti (saline flush of nose) twice a day. Fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse as I go in Thursday . Good luck