Sign in to follow this  
Buby3

6 months post op

Hi ladies!

I am now over 6 months post op AND I was wondering if anyone else has these couple of nagging things I am having......

number 1# I still have no feeling on my skin in the middle of my belly and its WEIRD! LOL

number 2# Exercising has been a struggle, my stomach muscles get sore quickly AND after going for a run my stomach seems to have this weird strange buzz feeling.......surgeon says this is the nerves BUT seriously its SOOO weird....I just am wondering if anyone else has had these strange things? My stomach skin is still a little sore too and I wasnt sure if this was nerves coming back or what....surgeon is all "this is all normal" kinda stuff and his words when I asked about exercise (I am pretty hard core) was go to it.........seriously though I know I have to build back up (they were strong even though they were seperated hence why surgeon said to take it easy and not fully get back into it until around the 6 month mark)........

I guess I just would like to know I am not alone on my weird goings on! LOL

Hope you are all doing well, I can only say at 6 months post op I have not regretted my TT one minute of one day! LOL I am LOVING my new stomach and starting to feel like "me" again! :o)

Hey I am having a TT on Friday so thanks for the reassurance. I can only speak from another area of the body. I had a huge chunk taken out of my shoulder. It was numb and still is lol. Up to 18 mths it was very tender but also felt like something was crawling under my skin. I used to get a buzz feeling too. Very bizarre. Now I only have a bit of numbness. I assume my nerves were doing the same thing yrs are. Sorry can't comment on yr other request. Goodluck!

It doesnt hurt if that helps LOL Its just a very strange sensation not being able to feel the skin area around your belly button! LOL I had a hot water bottle on it at about 4 months post op (for period pains) and couldnt feel the heat and ended up with a red patch SO be careful!

Absolutely NO regrets WHAT SO EVER! I have never loved my stomach SO much honestly, before I had children I was lovely and flat (in fact my stomach went IN NOT out! LOL!), but having children (twins second time to be exact) completely destroyed my stomach muscles (35mm apart). Im quite addicted to exercise and I worked ALOT on my stomach but nothing worked....the TT has given me back my body again it has made me feel like me again!

GOOD LUCK to you both! It is scary AND exciting getting it done BUT I personally think TOTALLY worth it.......(I threw up from the mix of drugs and antibiotics so it wasnt alot of fun in the hospital.....I knew it was temporary though AND if in doubt I HIGHLY recommend LOOK at your stomach in the mirror to help you focus your mind as to why you are sore and sick.......). My nurses felt SO bad for me, they kept saying they were sorry I was in pain I said NO WAY have you SEEN my stomach I kept saying LOL SO focus on why you are in pain or why you are sore......the first couple of weeks are DEF the hardest AND I highly recommend my surgeons advice-2nd week when your still hunched put your back against a wall and stretch your back as much as you can until its flat against the wall (shoulders too) it REALLY helps with back pain :o) AND LOTS of heat! OK OK GOOD LUCK lovely ladies! ENJOY you new tummys! :o)