Sign in to follow this  
GoneSouth

BA 6weeks after giving birth? =S

Hey everyone!

Im just hoping for anyone elses experiences in the same situation!

Ive just had a baby 5 weeks ago now. This is my second baby and I am not brestfeeding and i didnt with my first one. I contacted a Surgeon that i am insterested in regarding his opinion on how long Id have to wait untill he would preform a BA on me (with all the body changes) So im sitting there expecting him to say 6 months but praying he would let me get it done at 4 months as i return to work in January where i do alot of heavy lifting. But he said he is happy to do it at 6 weeks knowing that i havent breastfed!!

I want to know what your surgeons have told you guys! Is this right? My breasts didnt get much bigger during pregnancy.

i had weaned my daughter for 4 months before i had my surgery. My milk was truly dried up by then and my surgeon didnt say anything about needing to wait a certain time frame.

that seems very soon to me - not necessarily because of breast changes, but because you'll have a tiny baby to take care of. newborns are hard enough at the best of times, let alone recovering from surgery. be aware that you wont be able to lift your baby for 4wks at least after your BA. is this your first child? I just would be concerned for you - in that i could NOT imagine having a BA when my babies were that little.

I had my BA when my baby was 9 months old. By then she was sleeping through the night, had a well established routine, had been weaned off the breast and I was comfortable having other people care for her. BA recovery is not a huge deal, if you take it easy at the beginning - so with that in mind, you have plenty of time before you start work to have it and still be well recovered by the time you go back.... Have you seen/spoken to any other surgeons and sought their advice? Hormones have not completely settled 6 weeks after birth, which is another consideration. And, to be honest, do you think you want to miss out on all those beautiful newborn cuddles when they're all sleepy and laying on your chest? My 2nd baby is now 8 months and thinking back there's no way I could have put myself through surgery and recovery with such broken sleep. But everyones different! Have a good think about it - surgery will always be there but babies are only little once :)

that seems very soon to me - not necessarily because of breast changes, but because you'll have a tiny baby to take care of. newborns are hard enough at the best of times, let alone recovering from surgery. be aware that you wont be able to lift your baby for 4wks at least after your BA. is this your first child? I just would be concerned for you - in that i could NOT imagine having a BA when my babies were that little.

Wow! That's so soon after giving birth!

Hmmm.... Like jessk217 mentioned - cant imagine trying to pick up and hold & cuddle & comfort a new born baby let alone trying to get up outta bed....

Its a painful recovery....

I would cherish every moment with ur baby and enjoy it, and consider a BA a little later on...

the implants will still be in stock..... They r not going anywhere....

ur baby needs u more than u need ur implants.... Considering ur baby is only so young and innocent!

Wow! That's so soon after giving birth!

Hmmm.... Like jessk217 mentioned - cant imagine trying to pick up and hold & cuddle & comfort a new born baby let alone trying to get up outta bed....

Its a painful recovery....

I would cherish every moment with ur baby and enjoy it, and consider a BA a little later on...

the implants will still be in stock..... They r not going anywhere....

ur baby needs u more than u need ur implants.... Considering ur baby is only so young and innocent!

I agree with this. Right now, you need to be able to be 100% there for your new baby, and by the same token, need your focus to be 100% on recovering when you do have the surgery. The surgeons I have spoken to have said 4-6 months after breastfeeding, but I definitely think you should wait. I know it's hard, but it will be worth it :)

I would not do it so soon after birth, your body has enough to recover from let alone adding surgery to that! I would still get it done but in a little while, like other ladies have said, wait until bubs is sleeping through the night, and your body has gotten over the initial shock of having a baby.

Goodluck! :)

I was told 6 months but I waited 12 months after feeding also if you haven't lost the baby weight and you get your boobs done than loose the baby weight after they can go saggy...

Personally I waited until I had finished my family ....

But im old now lol but alot of you girls on here are all young enough to wait or at least consider waiting ....

My youngest was 18 months when i had mine done Nov last year and it was hard with her and i had alot of help from my 20 year old daughter,17 year old son and 13 year old daughter so I was lucky to have someone here all the time ...

I had booked my surgery in Thailand and about 2 months before heading over there i decided to send more pics to update my file as i had sent original pic while I was still breast feeding .....Then my surgeon replied saying that he usually likes to wait 12 months post breastfeeding and I would have to sign a waiver to say i went against recommended time ....

So just think hard about it ....

mumO5

i dont have babies, but i think 6 weeks is too soon, you want to be able to enjoy the first moments with your little one and having a BA is going to put those moments on the back burner at least for 2 weeks I just couldn't imagine having a new born and not being able to hold it. Each to their own though, and a happy mummy is a happy baby, good luck.

Thanks everyone for the feed back!

okay so it sounds much more painful than i thought.

The only thing is that at work i am a supervisor of a warehouse and my work includes lots of heavy lifting. i wanted to use the long time off work to make sure i fully recover.. and anyway, that way i can just tell people at work that my boobs got big from having baby right? lol They will pick up on it when i have a month off another time and come back with DD's!!

I have a 3.5yr old who is pretty independant now. He is close to 25kgs so i dont lift him now anyways lol...

hmm.. i have to think about this.. damn it i just really want boobies!!

its not painful if you take your meds and take it easy and listen to your body, your just limited in your actions thats all, basically it only hurts if you move around a lot. No one at your work will notice especially if you work in a warehouse I imagine your work attire wouldnt be revealing. If you wore really padded bras beforehand once you have you knockers and wear regular bras people wont be able to tell. good luck x

It takes 6 weeks for your body to recover from natural child birth. Combine that with sleepless nights as well as an older child to look after I wouldn't think it would be an ideal time for your BA and for achieving the best results possible.

Also keep in mind that your body is still going through massive hormonal changes.

I don't want this to sound harsh, as I can fully appreciate you wanting to have this now. But I would personally wait until bub is at least 3-4 months, for your sake and for your family.

Best of luck with your decision xx