Sign in to follow this  
Bebe

Is this normal?

Hi lovely ladies,

i am 7 days post op today (390 unders) and for the first 5 days i was going great guns..walking around the shops could do everything for myself really...and then today....holy snapping duck ****!!!!! My leftie feels fine no pain at all really and the right one is a nightmare..down near the incision it is super tender to touch and I get quite bad shooting pain if I twist the wrong way etc. I had them checked Friday and they said they were going great...do I need to worry that they were fine and now one is bad? Or is this normal...I suppose it's a pretty big op and a week is not that long...????

can you see the incision? or do you have dressings on? it could be Mondors Cord which is like a huge vein flaring up, type of thing. google it maybe, I never had it so I can't explain it properly.

can you see the incision? or do you have dressings on? it could be Mondors Cord which is like a huge vein flaring up, type of thing. google it maybe, I never had it so I can't explain it properly.

They still covered.. I can have the dressings changed but I can't bloody drive to the doctor to have them changed. A nurse is going to change them at my GP, she will know if it is infected won't she? I know I'm probably over-reacting...I read a few posts from girls that have said they were still very sore at 1 week and had done too much in the early days...

a nurse will definitely spot an infection or anything that doesn't seem normal with your incision site. if there was an issue with the implant itself she might not know, but it sounds like the incision site rather than an implant rotation or something. I'm 9wks post op and I still get some weird pains at times if I do too much, you may have pulled a muscle.

everything with my recovery was going great until I twisted the wrong way and pulled an internal stitch it only hurt when I moved a certain way though, I just iced it for the next week just so I could move around. It passed after a week. Every case is different though and you should check with your surgeon to be sure, it is better to be proactive rather than reactive. If the incision is oozing, the surrounding skin is very red or the skin is hot to touch or you have a fever this is not normal and you need to make contact asap! good luck hope all is well x