Sign in to follow this  
Samantha

Sleeping on my side

Hey girls

I'm about a week post op and I have very little pain so I have been able to sleep on my side the past two nights. Which has been soooo good.

I'm just wondering if this will damage anything? Is it too soon?

Thanks x

Hey hun, Mark never said anything to me about when i could sleep on my side. I just found myself waking up in that position most days and couldnt help it if i tried.

You could always shoot of an email to Karen and see what she says

Hey girls

I'm about a week post op and I have very little pain so I have been able to sleep on my side the past two nights. Which has been soooo good.

I'm just wondering if this will damage anything? Is it too soon?

Thanks x

Hi Samantha,

I'm three weeks post op and have been sleeping on my side from almost day one! I struggled to sleep continuously on my back. I chose to only go small (275cc) as I am a very petite frame, so this may also have helped me. So far I have had no problems at all with my implants moving due to side sleeping. I would not be concerned at all.

Jackalyn

let us know what they say. i dont think it would do damage unless it was uncomfortable and hurting you. I know at the start it was uncomfortable on my side as gravity was kind of pushing on the top one, but there is a member on here who suggested putting one of those neck pillows around the bottom boob so it kind of supports the top boob

Yeah I think it's more about comfort. I couldn't sleep on my side for over 2wks coz it was really uncomfortable, I felt like my top boob was dragging down and I would wake up in pain. If you feel like its not hurting, then it should be alright

I sleep on my side every night :). Scary thing is I wake up on my tummy some mornings.. EEEEKK.. Must try putting pillows around me to prevent that.. When my fiance is home (he works away) he barely gets any sleep because he freaks when I even roll onto my side. He flips me back to my back. Haha!

I'm 4weeks today and still sleeping on my back, I'm actually quite comfy there and I usually have a bit of SIJ pain into normal life but since sleeping on back after the surgery my back has been great lol! I'm going to try keep it up!

My Ps said 4weeks or only for short periods but he'd prefer to stay on my back.

I think it would still be a bit painful for me to try, I'm going to wait 6 weeks then give it a go if I feel the need :)