Sign in to follow this  
Uli123

Doing it not through agencies

Hello!

I have looked into agencies, especially Lotus as everyone saying they are great. And they have been, very quick to respond and attentive.

The only one quesiton I really had is the accommodation. The cheapest accommodation is 40,000BHT which seems a bit pricey to me for 10 nights. I do udnerstand theat they are using hotels that they believe would be most comfortable after the op and everything. I haven't been to Thailand, but I thought it is supposed to be cheap, or reasonably cheap?

Has anyone done this themselves or going to? What other accommodation options are there?

Thank you for the help

I've booked my entire trip by myself and found it was incredibly easy to do so. Gives you the flexibility to splurge however much you want on accommodation as well. I've heard a lot of girls saying that they could have easily done it without an agency, however if you're going alone it could be really tricky as you would need a support person to help you.

I'm going through cosmeditour and staging at one of the places they recommended. I didn't even look into other accommodation to be honest. I figure if they are recommending it, the staff there must be used to people staying and having surgery, plus I'm pretty sure cosmeditour wouldn't recommend a crap place! I have obviously looked it up online and all the reviews are great so I'm getting excited!

Good on you for organizing your trip! I am currently going through Bangkok Makeovers and really can not stress how important it is to have a support person looking after you especially someone who has experience in BA. I have spent the past few days very unwell from anesthetic and if it wasn't for the girls at BM I don't know how I would have coped. Also the apartments we are staying at have hair dressers and massagers experienced with Breast Augmentation etc within short walking distance which make you feel a lot more comfortable. Things like organizing food and showering, flushing the toilet and getting dressed are unexpectedly very hard. I think that it's definitely doable by yourself but would recommend using their suggested accommodation a hiring support staff!

I'm going through cosmeditour and staging at one of the places they recommended. I didn't even look into other accommodation to be honest. I figure if they are recommending it, the staff there must be used to people staying and having surgery, plus I'm pretty sure cosmeditour wouldn't recommend a crap place! I have obviously looked it up online and all the reviews are great so I'm getting excited!

OMG! you only have like two weeks to go! Exciting! Cant wait for your story. I am still deciding between Boonchai and Pyaapas. The agent just told me thou that the hospital that Piyaapas uses gives no guarantee. No even sure what that means? Did you have the same? I guess they mean that no revisions possible or something?

Good on you for organizing your trip! I am currently going through Bangkok Makeovers and really can not stress how important it is to have a support person looking after you especially someone who has experience in BA. I have spent the past few days very unwell from anesthetic and if it wasn't for the girls at BM I don't know how I would have coped. Also the apartments we are staying at have hair dressers and massagers experienced with Breast Augmentation etc within short walking distance which make you feel a lot more comfortable. Things like organizing food and showering, flushing the toilet and getting dressed are unexpectedly very hard. I think that it's definitely doable by yourself but would recommend using their suggested accommodation a hiring support staff!

Glad to hear it went well, and sorry about your pain. I can only imagine at this stage.

You poor thing...

Do the apartments you stay at self sufficient? What about food?

My partner is coming with me, he is having a nose operation, so he ll be helping me out. But I am definitely considering the agency. Just feels like paying 40,000 TBH for 10 night is more than I thought accommodation would cost in Thailand. But maybe I am wrong

OMG! you only have like two weeks to go! Exciting! Cant wait for your story. I am still deciding between Boonchai and Pyaapas. The agent just told me thou that the hospital that Piyaapas uses gives no guarantee. No even sure what that means? Did you have the same? I guess they mean that no revisions possible or something?

I haven't heard that before. I chose him because of all the incredible reviews he had on here. I also met a friend of a friend out one night and she had INCREDIBLE boobs and he did them! Such a weird coincidence!

im very confident in my choice with dr Piyapas :)

also a friend has to go back to PIAC for revision because of some doctor error that is now causing her pain and she still has to pay some surgery costs so it's not a free revision there either..

And yes! So soon, can't freaking wait!!!

I'd also highly recommend going with Dr Piyapas! A few of my friends used him and their boobs look amazing. He was my second choice after Dr Teerasit. I went with Dr T because I've seen a lot of girls with his work and feel real confident about him. But Dr Piyapas is amazingggg!

i would go to a travel agent and get them to help you. you should be able to get a good resort/hotel for around $800 AUD in a good area.

Trip advisor helps and you can always find something you like through a travel agent and see if you can get a cheaper rate if you book through them directly

Yeah 40000 thb is a lot! I only paid 9000 thb for my accommodation. Glad to hear you have your partner going with you :) I think you doing research and asking as many questions as possible will make it fine without an agency as long as you have someone to support you!

I have booked my trip all by myself also. The hotel i am staying at is costing me $1300 for 12 nights but that is accommodating myself, my husband and our three kids. It was a bit of a challenge to find a hotel that could fit all 5 of us in the one suite. Most places wanted to split us into two rooms which I did not want. I am lucky with my choice of surgeon as he offers a service that collects you from airport, takes you to your hotel, picks you up on the day of your procedure then returns you back to hotel when you are discharged, then take you to airport at the end of your trip. Oh and picks you up for your check up appt. If I had gone by myself they would have had someone stay with me to care for me also. So now all I have to worry about is... not getting sick from the water or dodgy food.... being mugged or losing a child! ;)

I booked through a travel agent, as they were able to give me a good accommodation recommendations and good prices. I also organised transfers through them from Airport to hotel. Hospital provided transport to and from hospital - hotel. It's super easy to book yourself too. I personally did not feel the need to go through an agency, saved a few $$. I wasn't travelling alone though, I had my partner with me. I had my surgery with Dr Piyapas and I can't not recommend him highly enough! He was fantastic! I'm not sure about this whole guarantee thing?! I was very confident going with Dr P & BHP before I went and after ... I would definitely go back for more surgery with him in the future even with no ?guarantee. Maz :-)