Sign in to follow this  
Samantha

Drinking after op

Hey everyone :D

Hope you are all having a fabulous Friday !!

I'm wondering whats the go on drinking after surgery?

I'm 10 days post op, I've finished all of my meds, I'm off my antibiotics. Now I only take some panadol if the pain is bad. But it's more discomfort if anything.

I'm back at the apartment earlier than I thought and my friends want to come over and have drinks.

I'm wondering would it be ok to have a glass of wine?

xx :) :) :)

Could you text your PS? I just text mine with any curly questions and he gets back to me.

Don't quote me but I'm sure a small drink would be fine. I would just be careful not to move too much as you might accidentally hurt yourself by moving too much and not realising at the time. :) Don't have too much remember it's a blood thinner and you have incisions! :D

Yeah i think it would be fine just make sure your feeling pretty good an dont have any concerns before you do it because if you god forbid needed revision for whatever reason and youve been drinking it could cause complications.

Hi Sam as this forums resident booze hag I asked my surgeon all about this - no red wine from 3 weeks pre surgery no white wine from a week pre surgery then after surgery you can drink from a week after or once you've stopped your meds - panadol doesn't count so bottoms up :) xxxx