Sign in to follow this  
MADELEINE

3 days post op

three days post op and in absolute AGONY.

i literally cannot do anything without help. i have spent this morning vomiting- think i had a bad reaction to the tablets that i'm on.

writing a short post because literally so exhausted.

someone please tell me this gets better!!

I agree with Don the pain is no joke - I was back at work on day 3 but then again I went overs. You do not realize how much strength you require just to do simple tasks. It does get easier. Listen to your body and don't attempt too much too soon either. Im back in on MOnday morning for round two in months but they say second time is quicker recovery! I hope so. Good luck with the recovery. xx

If you are sensitive most of those pain killers will make you feel sick, that's why I stopped mine day one. The pain was better than feeling sick, I'm day 4 and only just feeling better. It's hard caus you use your arms for everything and try not to do much with them and rest! Hope you feel better soon.

are you on strong pain meds or just panadol, i was on endone and didnt feel a thing. Maybe ask for something with a bit more kick if your in pain. Also have juices wth ginger in it-the juice will help with the constipation and the ginger will aid the nausea, and like don said eat with your meds even just a slice of toast will do. can you take anti nausea meds i know some girls took that on here. I didnt feel any pain for my BA sorry to rub it in but from what i here about day 5 your in the clear, good luck hope you feel better soon.

Maybe you vomited up the pain killers before they were absorbed? I'd take more and the strongest you have and like the others said ginger or proper anti-nausea meds. If you call your surgeon ask if they could fax a script to your nearest chemist. Probably too late now, but hope you made it through the night ok. Please update!

hi girls,thank you ever so much for your replies! i am gradually starting to feel much better- was able to start doing more things by myself yesterday, can move my arms abit better too.i havnt been sick anymore, and not feeling as queasy anymore so much better! just slowly taking things a day at a time :) thank you all xx