Sign in to follow this  
teenytitties

Getting multiple things done at once

Hi.

How advisable is it to have multiple surgeries done at once? It has been indicated that an umbilical hernia repair is medically necessary. Not sure yet about a minor diastisis repair and possible tummy tuck. I'm also considering a breast augmentation- probably the "fast recovery" method with furry Brazilians. I would think the procedures would be all of the above OR just the hernia and BA. I have a 2.5 year old and 5 year old and am worried about recovery time and hubby having to take time off work and therefore thinking it would be even worse to have to go in for separate surgeries?

hi there it sounds fine to me because if your having a tummy tuck they need to create a new belly button anyway, but I didnt go to med school so what would I know. As far as the fast recovery method is concerned i am convinced it is a marketing tool that some PS use to sway nervous women into getting a BA you can not gaurantee a fast recovery that is BS. Because you have had children too you may need a breast lift depending on how they look after breastfeeding so if thats the case maybe having everything at once wouldnt be wise, no one on this forum will be able to answer this question for you, and different surgeons will have different opinions on this too im sure, the only way to know is to book a consult. good luck x

It's more to do with the amount of time spent under a GA and what your surgeon feels comfortable doing in regards to that. I am having a tummy tuck with muscle repair, which from memory I think he allows about 2 or so hours to do. I was going to have a BA done at the same time, which he had no problem with (and it is very common to pair these two procedures) but for a number of reasons I am having that done later. I have no idea how long it takes to repair a hernia. And I agree with Tango, I'm a bit dubious about the "fast recovery" thing. At the end of the day, your cells, and skin need time to heal. They don't do this quicker just because a different brand of implant has been used.

I have children also, and so I am electing to stay in hospital for 5 nights for the TT, and have organised my mother to come stay for a few weeks, then my nanny will take over. As long as you have a contingency plan, you will be fine, but don't put pressure on yourself to be recovered in a certain time frame. If need be, spend an extra few months saving an extra few $$ so if you need things like child care or a short term nanny at home, then you can afford it and it will, in the end, make your recovery a whole lot quicker. Good luck!

My surgeon works with another plastic surgeon so I had a full TT with muscle repair and a breast lift and was only on the table for 2.5 hours. I was thrilled when they told me that!There are a heap of women in the Abdo section who have had combined procedures, it makes sense to do the surgeries at once.