Sign in to follow this  
boobiestocome

No pain relief

Hi ladies,

I'm getting my boobs done in a couple of months and I was just wondering if any of you have not taken pain relief post op?

I'm a health nut & don't take tablets. Trying not to think about the twilight sedation and whats in it!! :/ That's about as far as I'll go.

I know everyone feels pain differently but would just like to know :) I'm going under the muscle....

Have you found anything else to help with pain?

I can handle pain fairly well but just don't know what to except with this. Also, where exactly did you feel the pain the most?

Thanks x

I also handle pain very well.. I had general anaesthetic for mine and stayed over night in hospital... had pethedine in the first few hours post op at the hospital- honestly.. I couldn't imagine not taking anything that soon after! I had quite alot of pethedine.. Lol I was discharged the day after surgery..

But I only had Panadol on day two in the morning and at night to help me sleep. And only for one day... I found recovery went quickly and It was honestly more uncomfortable than painful so was bearable.

Everyone is different tho!

Oh and the pain was mostly a stretched tight feeling and I felt really hunched over..

Kind of all round uncomfortable not so much as a specific area or sharp pain or anything. It's not that bad.

Immediately post op it was like a really heavy pressure on my chest that made it hard to take a deep breath... And when I sat up I felt like they would fall off my chest haha.

Hope I didn't scare you lol, it's not that bad really.. The excitement of new boobs out weighs the pain a thousand to one haha. X

Thanks GeorgiaP.

Glad you had a good recovery!

I'm going to have to just see how I go hey.

Haha I'm sure it's not going to be too bad :)

"The excitement of new boobs out weighs the pain a thousand to one" - I'm sure it would, I'm super excited & I'm going to be even more stoked after op!

I didn't find the pain too bad just discomfort. I did take pain killers for the 1st 5 days so I could get up and move around but I think if I was against drugs I could have set myself in the recliner for those 5 days and not move I could have just gone with ice packs BUT there is toilet breaks and I don't think I could have got up without drugs. All depends on the individuals I read some people have pain still at 6wks I have had no pain whatsoever after day 5 yet I had my toncills out last year and was in so much pain and sick for 2wks straight yet know people that have had it and up and going within 5days.

I only took 2 digesic straight after the op caus the pain in my chest I felt I couldn't breathe. Had an anti nausea pill later on, and one more digesic that night at 2pm, felt too sick for anything else. I had a couple of Panadol the next two days and that's it. The surgeon usually puts alot of local anesthetic into the breast so that helps. I've been taking complete magnesium for the muscle cramping, pineapple for swelling and ice packs for the first two days :)

I was in a lot of pain after, but I had really tight pecs and basically the tighter you are the more damage is done to the muscles resulting more pain I guess.

But saying that after the initial pain injections in the hospital which I could not have done without, I switched to Panadol so it's bearable pain after a few days.

My pain was mostly in my sternum and my ribs like my bones were about to split and sharp pains where an underwire would sit if that makes sense, and like a cramping feeling all over my breast like a muscle spasm type of thing.

Just see how you go but have the pain meds there just in case!

I found magnesium really helped also!

Hi Hun just take what u need when u need it, everyone is different and it depends on sizing and placement too. I've always been told that being in pain hinders recovery so just be kind to your body and rest up - u wont be able to exercise anyway so just enjoy the breast and nourish your body with healthy foods xxx

I have a very high pain threshold....I had 2 kids naturally with no pain relief. I would say my BA pain was never worse than a 2/10 and easily managed with panadol and ice packs. It was more discomfort than pain and I also went under the muscle

I have a very high pain threshold....I had 2 kids naturally with no pain relief. I would say my BA pain was never worse than a 2/10 and easily managed with panadol and ice packs. It was more discomfort than pain and I also went under the muscle
I think it's not going to be bad for at me at all. I have a good pain threshold also. I highly doubt that I'll take anything for the pain, I really don't want it in my body. I love that you had your kids naturally, I'll be doing the same!

No pain killers?At all?Sheezzz..... I can't imagine anyone being able to do this!I got anxiety if my pack of endone wasn't within arms reach of me....I guess we all handle pain in our own way..... Best of luck with it!!

I have a good pain threshold too, I was at 3/10 when I woke up but after that it was managed with Panadol and nurofen for the first week and something to sleep for the first 3 nights. I think if I had have been really determined to, I could have done without pain relief, but wouldn't try. It is hard to sleep and move with the pain.

If you can rest up and have people to help you for the first few days, you might be able to do it :) sleep as upright as you can get, that will definitely help. But if you can't sleep then I would suggest maybe taking something, as our body does most of its healing when we sleep. Good luck :)

I would love to know what you use :) I react to most medications so it's lucky I have a good pain threshold- what do you use for pain? And what is your herbal sleep remedy and is it ok for kids?

I only ever use herbal remedies or a hot/cold pack for pain. There is pretty much a herbal remedy for everything lol. I make a Arnica Balm which contains shea butter, coconut oil, calendula petals, arnica, beeswax, vitamin e oil, tea tree & lavender oil. It also treats sprains & bruises. It works really quickly :) Another favorite for pain is a healing balm (purchased from Owens Acres in the US) that contains olive oil, jojoba oil, shea butter, burdock, sage, rosemary, horsetail & lavender oil! I put it on my temples and forehead when I get a headache. For sleep: Chamomile tea is great & lemon balm tea, both are suitable for children. Lavender oil applied to the forehead is very relaxing & calming which also helps for sleep. It's also safe for children. Tea tree oil is also just as good as lavender. (For children its best that you dilute it with water). Its also great for ear aches! www.bettermetea.com.au - also wonderful tea for sleep!! plus more! A great website to buy herbs is www.plantessentials.com.au/ .. I live in a small town with no health food store so it's easier buying online! If you want any recipes just ask :) I make my own EVERYTHING. (Toothpaste, shampoo/condish, soap, toilet cleaner, laundry detergent & so on)