Sign in to follow this  
Tracylee

Breast lift

Hi everyone Just wanted to see if anyone can help me. I am having a breast lift and the doctor is talking About taking 600mls out now that sounds a lot to me. Just wanted to see if anyone could help my ba size is a DD-E nowThanks

My surgeon removed 180cc from one breast and 30cc from the other (to even them up) when I had my lift. He did this via lipo. Honestly, I can't tell the difference and am still wearing my old bras, they just fit better on the reduced breast. 600cc sounds like a lot though, what is your band size? A 600cc change would show a lot less in a 16E than it would in a 10E. It's confusing, but a 12E is the same cup volume as a 14DD or a 16D.

Edited by Jaddles

Hi everyone sorry for the delay have been overseas.

Im a 16DD with a large frame so I am a little worried about taking that much I'm going to fill a bag with 600mls and look in the mirror to see what I think I will let you know. :-)

I get so confused by the whole cup size, band size thing, because the volume of the cup depends on the width of the band. I found a converter which puts your 16DD (US 40DD) at a volume of 1230cc. If your surgeon removes 600cc you'll end up between a 16C and a 16D. Probably a D if you're closer to an E now. Don't take this as gospel though, talk to your PS about the expected outcome!!

that sounds about right Jaddles.

Traceylee, if thats what your surgeon is recommending then he probably has a good reason too. Its probably how much he needs to reduce them by to get a really good result. Either way you should have another consult with your surgeon before your surgery and talk about all of this. Some women get a lift and implants as they dont want to loose size just lift them, but inevitably when you are removing tissue to lift them, then you will loose some size.

best of luck for your surgery