Sign in to follow this  
mumO5

Hoping someone can help me .......

Hi ladies how are we all ?

It's been a while since I last posted and needed some advise....

ok so I am 7 months post op from having my BA , now my left boob at the bottom from my nipple down and to the left a bit is really sensitive and if touched in a certain way really hurts , it's like a burning stinging kinda pain and its only on my left .... I'm starting to **** that something is wrong so if anyone has had this same experience could you please reply .... Other than that I'm happy with what I have ...

hopefully someone can help me ....

mum05

Hi lovely, I'm 5 months PO (wow where did the time go?!?) and my left nipple and immediate area around it is still SUPER sensitive to the point it can hurt if touched too long and sometimes if the shower is on it for too long.

This can be a side affect of surgery unfortunately - either over sensitive or loose sensitivity.....they do say that most go back to how they were prior to op but others not. Just ride it and see how you go. Your nerves may be being stubborn - try gently running your fingernails over the area to stimulate nerve firing.

Hope this helps x

Hey hun I would make an appointment with your surgeon.

I was told that it can take up to a year for normal sensation to return, and that occasionally it doesn't return to normal, which is one of the risks of surgery.

Thanks girls I know time has flown by kara how are you doing anyway ? You know im still a little numb there still but it has improved in the time gone by...

Well im hoping it is only nerves coming back because it feels really wierd....

Im going back to thailand this Nov so I might see if I can go back and see my surgeon for a check up....

Thanks again....

mumO5

I dont know if this is the same thing but i had a breast lift so my nipples were quite sensitive about 3 weeks post opp, after wearing tight post op bras they became SUPER angry and irritated and started to become really dry and flaky. Then I did the worst thing you can do which is pick the flaky skin sorry for TMI. Then what was left was the raw angry skin, which meant i literally could not wear anything at all not even a bra without being in agony. I tried everything breasfeeding nipple cream, cotton pads, nipple shields, letting it air out nothing worked until..

I found hydrogel pads-OMG they were my saviour they allow your nipple to heal in this cooling gel pad, the other side is slippery so when you move it doesnt rub against your nipple like cotton pads. If you stick them in the fridge then pop them on they are even better because you get that cooling sensation. I used these along with lansinoh breastfeeding nipple cream to prevent moisture coming in contact with my nipples (the water just wicks off your skin if you use this and it aslo helps to repair and condition your nipples). Pat dry after the shower no rubbing.

There is a really good brand called rite aid and its quite cheap in comparison to its competition modela which is a total rip off. Just buy it from your pharmacy they also sell it in baby bunting, babies r us etc. Same for lansinoh.

good luck x

I have a similar thing, the feeling makes me queazy coz all I think is that "burning" sensation is like a leak or something ... Crazy I know lol it's on my left side of my nipple (not on the nipple but beside it) and its mostly when I touch it but sometimes I feel it twinge randomly.. I think ill get an ultrasound soon next time j go to my doc ill try get a referral or something... Just to be sure all is well.. Is that kinda what you get?? I'm 4 months post op now.

Right boob is fine.

Thanks tango but yeah at the begining not long after my BA was my nipples lol, I took lansinoh to Thailand with me because lots of ladies had said after the op the nipples were sore and it helped my nipples when i breastfed and i had used it with my last baby it was a god send ......

And georgia yep sounds similar to you im thinking its just all the nerves but i have emailed my surgeon to see what they come back with....

mumo5

It's been 11 months for me and my breasts get sore like I'm pre menstral or pregnant both of which I am not. My nipples are super sensitive and sometimes uncomfortable....