Sign in to follow this  
inde12

I stuffed up - slept on my side - backs killing

Hi girls,

pits your forums paranoid freak here reporting for duty lol. I am usually a side sleeper and have been very good sleeping on my back from surgery and built a little pillow fortress and hubby's in the spare room (we usually sleep separate anyway). But last night I woke up on my side - I don't think I was there long as it was pitch black and as soon as I noticed I turned to my back - felt my bandages and bra for wetness and there was nothing and then flitted in and out of sleep till hubby came and said goodbye this morning. Yesterday was also the first day I didn't take strong painkillers and anti inflammatories, my back is killing me this morning from all the back sleeping and I'm so tired. Do you guys think I should take my targin hardcore drugs before bed so I'm basically comatosed and stay in the one position. I'm thinking side sleeping is a big no no this early on? Maybe I should sleep upright again? Urgh I hate this part :confused:

Hi inde,

I did the same thing about a week post op, woke up on my side and freaked out! My dr said at about 2 weeks post op I could side sleep with a pillow under my boobs. I slept upright for about 2-3 weeks because it was more comfortable and I had less chance or rolling again. I also took panadiene forte to sleep for 2/3 nights.

I hope your back gets better soon :)

I think it's drugged up upright sleeping time again :( did your doc say it can cause damage? I'm seeing my surgeon tomorrow which is good timing. I might take a anti inflammatory today for peace of mind :( bloody hell I'm so disappointed in myself!

I didn't ask about it doing damage, but it hurt anyway so I didn't want to. Don't be disappointed in yourself it's a PITA not being able to sleep on your side after being so used to doing it. I'm a tummy sleeper usually I hate even side sleeping!

I was on panadol n nurofen for a week and the nurofen helped heaps

Dont stress yourself too much, a one off would be fine im sure! i slept upright for the first week too..

Its a good idea if u can and as for the drugs YES i took the endone b4 bed each night for maybe 5-6 nights and it did help (pain and sleep), everyone is different and you need to do what works for u.

Maybe ask your PS about the anti inflammatory as i have read a few things about not using it?? I was told i could use it at my 2 week check-up.

My back was sore too but i think i was hunched over a lot from the pain and i was worried i would rip my stitches open.. EW and that may have been why..

There is a cosmetic surgeon who says to sleep only on your side after surgery, so I don't think you should be too worried, I tried a couple of times in the first week but was a bit sore the next day so haven't tried again. The pain I had from doing it eased the next day :)

Aww thanks girls you are the best seriously what would I do without you all xxxx hugs

im seeing my surgeon tomorrow I'm hoping all this tape will be taken off my girls :) xx