Sign in to follow this  
HarlowAudrey

Breast Saggyness - The Pencil Test

Has anyone done the pencil test to determine whether they need a lift?

My recommendation from Thailand said I would need one but according to the pencil test I am only Grade 1.

The Pencil Test

Place a pencil under the breast (under-fold), also known as the inframammary fold, and if your breasts hold the pencil, then you have sagging. Cosmetic surgeons determine the degree of Ptosis according to the position of the nipple relative to that of the inframammary fold. // Glandular – The nipples are above the inframammary fold (nipples above the pencil) //

Grade I – The nipple is at the level of the inframammary fold (nipples equal with the pencil) //

Grade II – Nipples have dropped below the level of the breast crease, but still higher than the majority of the breast mound (nipples below the pencil, but still much breast below the nipples) //

Grade III – Nipples have dropped below the crease and at the level of maximum breast projection (nipples and most breast tissue weighing heavily below the pencil) //

Grade IV – Severe sagging, nipples have dropped below the fold, below the mount, and are either pointing toward the floor or even bending back toward the chest wall and non-visible without moving them. (at this point, forget the pencil, you need a lift!) //

Aggggh another girl told she needs a lift from Thai surgeons!! They literally hand out lifts like lollies!! I got told I needed a lift from a Thai surgeons and he also wanted to cut my nipples off! Check out Kdmma on here, she avoided a lift by getting a bigger implant and they look amazing. May I ask why u are considering Thailand? TCI in parramatta offer BA at almost the same cost as Thailand?

I looked in thailand before I found this forum, i have got a consult with Eddy Dona in two weeks but I am stressing he will tell me I need a lift because I really can't afford that! My breats are small A/B cup and are saggy but I don't think they are bad enough to need a lift. I will happily go big to avoid a lift! I have big nipples anyway so I can handle going big lol

Honestly search for Kdmma on here. Although I'm not sure if she has put her photos back up since the forum had a meltdown. But I'm sure she would be happy to give u some advice, she's my boobspiration. Also the fox had some slight sag(very slight) Nd didn't need a lift :) how do I feel about porting some Pre op photos on here? U can make them private and pick who u want to view them, it may just help put ur mind at ease if u get some opinions :) I have some sag and I have avoided a lift. X

Hey i had pseudotsosis, my boobs looked saggy to me but really they were just empty skin sacks. If thats how yours are, you will probably be able to avoid a lift, especially if you are only an A cup.

I agree with Amie, the thai surgeons tell alot of people they need a breast lift, I think the only way to determine this is through af ace to face consultation.

If your breasts are small, then you could probably get away with an areola lift - thats what i wanted, but my surgeon said i didnt need one and a big enough implant would fill them out nicely. I have some post op pics up on here and you can see there not saggy at all now.

Well im no surgeon but you definitely have some good tissue to work with. Kdmma had overs as that helps to fill the breast out and raise the nipple, that may be a good option for you since you look like you have decent tissue to cover the implant. Or else dual plane would work well too. I think you could get away with no lift, maybe an areola lift would be all you need.

I have certainly seen breasts that are more saggy then yours, they dont look that saggy to be honest

I agree, I think that u could get away with no lift but I am not qualified to give advice lol. A bigger implant, perhaps over the muscle should fill that put nicely :)

I agree, I think that u could get away with no lift but I am not qualified to give advice lol. A bigger implant, perhaps over the muscle should fill that put nicely :)

I really hope so! I keep sticking pencils under my boobs and asking hubby where my nipples are and showing him pictures of boobs asking if mine are saggy like that? haha I think he is sick to death of my boobs!

If you have small saggy breast going a bigger implant can avoid a lift that's the info I got told also a pen fits under my breast pre op size 10b but my nibble doesn't sit lower than the pen line I did this at home but my surgeon has never mentioned I need a lift?

If you have small saggy breast going a bigger implant can avoid a lift that's the info I got told also a pen fits under my breast pre op size 10b but my nibble doesn't sit lower than the pen line I did this at home but my surgeon has never mentioned I need a lift?

If he hasn't mentioned it then you don't need one! :)