Sign in to follow this  
quad4

Advice on lip injections?

I am a male of 32 and am considering a lip injection to increase the size of my top lip a TIIINNNY bit (view pics) I am fine with the bottom lip but the top lip just seems too thin and I have always thought this.

With a lip enhancement injection would it either be a full injection or no injection at all? I really only want a very tiny amount in my top lip to make it a little bit plumper. I want to "tweak" my top lip.

Is this possible? can anyone recommend anything? could a plastic surgeon just add a little to the top lip?

thx.

post-10401-140437352061_thumb.jpg

post-10401-140437352078_thumb.jpg

you can get 0.5ml no problem. What state are you in? you dont necessarily have to see a plastic surgeon to get the filler in your lip.

No not in a state I in the UK. Also I should mention I would like it permanent although I would consider having a temporary injection just to see how it looks first.

Quad we are in Australia so probably not of huge help to you (although there are a few UK ladies that live here who frequent the forum). Do you have a UK forum you can get recommendations from?

Well I don't think it matters as the procedures are generally the same universally.

Fair enough. I have fillers in my lips (only Juvederm Ultra) not permanent. I needed a lot in my top lip as it was thin and one thing I can tell is that it is quite pouty. My injector said that to buff up thin upper lips you need to inject down which in turn pouts the lip. To inject the product directly into a thin lip wouldn't get the desired result.

I do think you are a perfect candidate though but perhaps start with injections and see if you like it and then go to something more permanent.

Fair enough. I have fillers in my lips (only Juvederm Ultra) not permanent. I needed a lot in my top lip as it was thin and one thing I can tell is that it is quite pouty. My injector said that to buff up thin upper lips you need to inject down which in turn pouts the lip. To inject the product directly into a thin lip wouldn't get the desired result.

I do think you are a perfect candidate though but perhaps start with injections and see if you like it and then go to something more permanent.

what you mean you need to inject down? you mean inject the lower lip to affect the upper lip?! sorry I lost here lol

Sorry I meant that when injecting into the top lip she had to inject down (vertical) to encourage the lip out. Hard to explain in words but what I mean is you probably don't want a pouty look so make sure you have a good explanation to your injector (I like the pouty look but not sure you'd appreciate as a male).

I think she means the angle like pointing the needle down from the top rather than directly into it (horizontal) ?? Dona? That's what I gathered.. I so want to do this but is it one of those things that if you start you have to do it every year forever? Or once it's all absorbed do your lips go back to their former state ... Ish. ? I have thin lips... Annoying when my hubby and daughter have ghetto lips lol

Sorry I meant that when injecting into the top lip she had to inject down (vertical) to encourage the lip out. Hard to explain in words but what I mean is you probably don't want a pouty look so make sure you have a good explanation to your injector (I like the pouty look but not sure you'd appreciate as a male).

ah I get it. You think a very mild dose of injection would do my top lip justice?

I think she means the angle like pointing the needle down from the top rather than directly into it (horizontal) ?? Dona? That's what I gathered.. I so want to do this but is it one of those things that if you start you have to do it every year forever? Or once it's all absorbed do your lips go back to their former state ... Ish. ? I have thin lips... Annoying when my hubby and daughter have ghetto lips lol

Bingo! If you can find a good price then do it but yes its addictive. I started off with 1ml and now have 1.5ml in my lips ($675) which will probably need topping up at 6 - 9 months...its not too bad really...

ah I get it. You think a very mild dose of injection would do my top lip justice?

I would definitely start off with 0.5ml then if you want more you can add it but better to start smaller and add to it then have too much and have to dissolve it. But definitely the recommendation of an amazing injector will be your best friend!

I'm going to nita in Penrith she's the queen of lips in western Sydney she's chargers $600 for 1ml, I've got a consult tomorrow but never had my lips done before does it hurt heaps I've done full body hair lazor and I can handle that pain?

I would recommend the juvederm/ultra as its not a permanent one, it really only needs a top up every 9-12montns. The thing with the permanent ones is THEY ARE PERMANENT! I've seen so many stories of it going horribly wrong, u can't even cut it all out. Start with .5ml and work ur way up to 1ml if needed :)

ive seen on youtube that you can have a silicone implant placed in the lip that is permanent, id consider doing this if i like the results of the fillers first. But this isnt offered in Aus yet but it is in the UK

ive seen on youtube that you can have a silicone implant placed in the lip that is permanent, id consider doing this if i like the results of the fillers first. But this isnt offered in Aus yet but it is in the UK

ouch sounds painful, i wonder if your lips would be really hard when kissing too? interesting.

If you have had your lips injected are they a bit hard because a friend of mine had hers done and when i felt them (with my fingers haha!) they were quite hard?