Sign in to follow this  
Foreveryoung3

TT and BA questions - please help me and give me advice!

Hi Girls!

I am officially unsure of whether or not I want to have a TT and BA... I have been researching like crazy and would love your advice (size, type of implant, questions to ask the surgeon, recovery times)

I am 24, 163cm, 52kg, petite, normally small C

BUT

I had very large babies..

My tummy has marks over the belly button not thick but a lot of them..and when I'm standing I can still get away with tight clothing it is just when I sit down I have that saggy skin look.. I also have a gap in my abdominal muscles 2-3cm.

I used to love my bikini body and I hate feeling like I can only wear a one piece. on my short frame they all make me look terrible.. Are stretch marks that unsightly to you? What would you think if you saw a young Mumma rocking her marks in a bikini? Please be honest. I know I shouldn't care about what people think but let's be honest we all do.... It is a lot of money to spend on myself and I have seen photos where a tummy tuck flattened the abdomen but made the stretch marks SO MUCH WORSE

I can't decide.. :/

any help is much appreciated!

have you tried laser for your stretch marks? are the stretch marks still red because if they havent faded to white yet they achieve better results. Maybe try that first and see if it helps, before going the TT route if the stretch marks are going to be more obvious.

have you tried laser for your stretch marks? are the stretch marks still red because if they havent faded to white yet they achieve better results. Maybe try that first and see if it helps, before going the TT route if the stretch marks are going to be more obvious.

No they are over 3 years old and white.. Pretty thin but like I said so many it makes my belly button look like its frowning yuck :(

any skin tightening laser treatments you know of?

I know exactly how you feel! No matter how much excericise in do! Which is quite a bit, my tummy just won't tone! It's only bad when sitting down or bending over! Are they really that noticeable or just really noticeable to you? I hate mine but my partner says that they are hardly noticeable. He could just be trying to give me some confidence me though!

There is nothing more sexy than confidence and if doing something to fix it will give you confidence then do it!

Hi there, I am having a TT in August to remove my loose skin on the lower abdomen. I'm like you - standing up is fine but sitting down or bending over it annoys me. And I'm a size 10 but still have to wear gut sucking undies in tight clothes. I can't comment in regards to what it will do to stretch marks, that is something that a plastic surgeon can advise you on, and you can also see photos of before and after, and from the many photos of TT's I;ve seen, the majority of the patients have stretch marks, and the "after"s still look better than the "before"s. Personally I don't think you should feel ashamed of your marks when wearing a bikini - as I am sure most people wouldn't even notice them. And besides - have you SEEN the people on the beach?! If you have just a few stretch marks that are making you feel self conscious, then you're probably doing better than most!!! In regards to your BA, I also think that a surgeon will give you the best advice on size. I was a nice C before pregnancy, and after, still a C but a deflated one. I had 250cc round moderate plus profile dual plane placement and it gave me a nice lift and put me in a D. But I am a fair bit taller than you so what works for one person may not for the other. Find 2 good, reputable surgeons and have a consult. Good luck :)

If your stretchies are mainly around your navel you'll still have them after a TT. If you are a candidate for a full TT (from your description you may not be) any stretchmarks above your navel will still be there, just lower down.

FWIW - I always wore a bikini, stretch marks are something you got bringing new life into the world, not as a result of an unhealthy lifestyle. You may not have a pre-baby bikini body anymore, but trading off a few stretchmarks and loose skin for a substantial scar, many $$$$ and a significant recovery is an enormous decision.

Good luck making your decision!!

I bought a nice bikini and I am going to continue to work out - I am a size 8 - my belly is pretty much just stretch marks but they are white.. You know what - I don't think I care enough to have major surgery... All I need is to build my confidence and accept my body and all of he work that it did!