Sign in to follow this  
KiKi.C

Anyone prone to keloid scarring?

Hi everyone!

I am quite prone to keloid scarring. I have had 2 removed off one ear, another on the other ear but it is a lot smaller than the other ones were. I currently have another on my collarbone which I hoping some injections will get rid of.

i was just wondering if there is anyone here who has had a BA or anyone surgery and got a keloid? Or if you have previously had keloids and not got one from the surgery.

My PS and I have talked about the issue and decided we would go with a smooth implant because he can get it in with only a 2.5cm incision compared to 4cm+ and he will, at no extra cost, provide with any laser treatments or injections that may be needed! I'm still about worried about it but this does reassure me a lot.

im not but it sounds like its something you are going to have to weigh up will smaller breasts or a keloid scar bother you more?

when you had the ones from your ears removed have they healed nicely afterwards or did they just go back to keloids?

maybe discuss the possibility of scar revision costs in case your unhappy after surgery and laser/injections failed to make a difference.

The first keloid I had removed off my ear was on the front and back and it grow back double the size it was to begin with but only on the back! The second time the same surgeon removed it he left the smallest amount of keloid in there and this time it hasn't come back! It has been almost 2 years since it was removed!

i have been wanting my boobs back to how they used to be before pregnancy! The have had the life stretched and sucked out of them! My PS has already given me this new tape that he has to treat keloids and recommended a cream, which was the cream I used on my ear! So hopefully it works just as good in this case!

Hi I have had problems also with keloid scars and it has been one of the biggest surgery scares for me as I am sure it is for you, I have my surgery on the 10th of July and am happy to let you know how i go with the scars although I think I have prepared myself mentally for some pretty bad ones, just curious what incision did you PS recommend?

Oh yea it must one of my only concerns about the procedure! I would have like a textured implant but we are using smooth implants going under the crease! It will be inserted using a Keller funnel so he can get it in with only a 2.5cm incision! So I'm happy with that! Smooth or textured there isn't going to be a huge difference! But I'll definitely take the smallest scar I can get!

this makes me think all girls should tell their surgeons theyre prone to keloids in order to get a smaller scar haha and thats great it didnt come back at least you can be optimistic if scar revision is needed xx

That is true! I was very lucky I found a good surgeon who took this into account and listened to my concerns! The first PS I saw didn't seemed interested at all and brushed it off as soon as I mentioned it!

That is true! I was very lucky I found a good surgeon who took this into account and listened to my concerns! The first PS I saw didn't seemed interested at all and brushed it off as soon as I mentioned it!

thats good kristy my surgeon was concerned bout scarring too he asked me do i have any scars that havent healed well and i said not really but i cut near my ankle shaving once and for a shaving scar its quite bad he immediately made me show him and he said it was normal to get bad healing there because the skin is delicate but still good to know he was concerned.

It makes you know you are choosing a the right PS when they are interested in getting as much info as possible and not just saying this is the size we are going, brand we are using and where we will put it in, we will see you in surgery!

it sounds like we both have pretty fantastic surgeons

I had given myself head aches researching melbourne surgeons when my aunty, who works for a company that sells fillers and Botox etc, one of her colleagues supplies body recon in Geelong and highly recommended him and I am so glad she did! I would have ended so unhappy if I had of went with the PS from my first consult! I would have never thought of looking in Geelong, I think due to being from the country you just think of looking in melbourne!

If you don't mind me asking, what size are you tear drops?

I found my surgeon in an advert on the back of a goodhealth magazine go figure? just goes to show sometimes itll find you...haha no i dont mind you asking theyre 330cc wish i went bigger tho but thats just the greed talking im very happy

Oh yea it must one of my only concerns about the procedure! I would have like a textured implant but we are using smooth implants going under the crease! It will be inserted using a Keller funnel so he can get it in with only a 2.5cm incision! So I'm happy with that! Smooth or textured there isn't going to be a huge difference! But I'll definitely take the smallest scar I can get!

Very true the smaller the scar the better! did you consider going through the armpit?

My PS generally said when you go through the armpit you go behind the muscle! We are going in front of the muscle. At first that is what I wanted but after a lot of research and speaking to my surgeon i decided against it!