Sign in to follow this  
orangevegie

Headaches from lying elevated?

Ok so strange one, since having to sleep a) on my back and B) elevated I'm finding I'm getting a headache nearly every night. Any suggestions what I can do?? Can't wait to be able to sleep on my side again, that or take nurofen for the headache!!

you can take panadol have you tried that and i dont think its from sleeping elevated maybe you just have a headache in general, i slept upright for a week and never felt this. Are you drinking enough water? Are you confusing your headache with a fever because if you have a fever you should let your doc know especially if its high

I actually spoke to the nurse at my plastic surgeons today and she told me not to take anti inflammatory meds. But like the girls said each doc is different. OV i have had headaches too. Pretty sure its referred from my neck and sleeping that way. .

I know that the surgeons who use the rapid recovery technique tell you to take them to reduce the swelling. The reason you aren't meant to is that they are vaso dilators so can cause bleeding but once you get to a few days post op that shouldn't be an issue? Go with what your surgeon tells you I guess :)

Hi ladies, it's such a mine field isn't it. I'm leaning towards it being my neck and back from sleeping on it, am taking panadol every 6 hrs already and have an anti inflammatory 3 times a day. Have been monitoring my temp just in case but its normal so far :) thanks ladies this place is fab. I know it's not hydration as I had about 3.5 litres of water yesterday (like everyday!!) after I got comfortable in bed it seemed to ease again. Can't wait to be in a position to get a nice back massage!!