Sign in to follow this  
NKT13

Need advice for extreme pain

I had my BA on Monday and been in a lot of discomfort since but nothing unusual and have been taking the meds. Tonight about 1/2 hr ago I got the most excruciating shooting pain in my right boob like a burning sensation through my nipple and the whole boob felt like it was burning. Has anyone else suffered this sensation/pain. I have now taken endone and pain a bit better but still feels tight?? Need to know if this is to be expected??

Hi babe,

sounds pretty normal to me, your breast tissue and possibly muscle if your placements behind has gone through major trauma so its probably your nerves and tissue shooting back into action. Just take it easy and rest and take your medication, when are you seeing your surgeon next?

Hi I'm seeing him next Friday. Just as I thought things were getting better I get this pain I can't believe the agony I'm in.

Hopefully it subsides, I've taken 3 endone

I had this also, it really threw me because id started having a lot less pain, then BANG! Those little things called nerves start regenerating ;) Goodluck hun and hope it settles for you soon xx

Good babe drug up and get some sleep if its still really bad tomorrow maybe call your surgeons rooms and ask to speak to the nurse xx

Spoke with nurse today and you were right its the nerves and as the swelling comes down it tends to happen. Thanks for your advice last night xx

I had mine Tuesday and I am literally stuck in bed. Cannot move, cannot feed myself, all I can do is hold my phone in my right hand. My fiancé is having to do everything for me, help me to the bathroom, put tablets in my mouth.... I'm having a nightmare. I just had a crying session after trying to itch under my post surgery bra, as its really irritating me. As all I have done is lie down for three days it's imprinting on my skin :(. He goes back to work tomorrow and I have no idea how I will cope, as I can only get up to go to the bathroom of he lifts me up. I'm hoping I will drastically improve overnight.... I have run out of all my endone and panadeine forte (wasn't doing much for me anyway) but he managed to pick up some ibuprofen with codeine from the pharmacy.

Also, I have a rash coming up around my cleavage area and over the upper pole of my new boobies. Has anyone experienced this? They are very red little lumps

I had mine Tuesday and I am literally stuck in bed. Cannot move, cannot feed myself, all I can do is hold my phone in my right hand. My fiancé is having to do everything for me, help me to the bathroom, put tablets in my mouth.... I'm having a nightmare. I just had a crying session after trying to itch under my post surgery bra, as its really irritating me. As all I have done is lie down for three days it's imprinting on my skin :(. He goes back to work tomorrow and I have no idea how I will cope, as I can only get up to go to the bathroom of he lifts me up. I'm hoping I will drastically improve overnight.... I have run out of all my endone and panadeine forte (wasn't doing much for me anyway) but he managed to pick up some ibuprofen with codeine from the pharmacy.

Also, I have a rash coming up around my cleavage area and over the upper pole of my new boobies. Has anyone experienced this? They are very red little lumps

Take 2 panadol WITH the ibuprofen/codeine if you're in that much pain.

Also the chemist stock Panadeine Max (15mg codeine) so you could take that with 2 ibuprofen as will (either of the above combos but not together if that makes sense). I think the Panadeine Max would be better for you as its stronger.

Hey Babe try to sit upright in bed and try to move around a bit as well.

If you can have a shower too that will help relax. Moisturise straight after your shower so the skin in supple.

For the next week or so prop up as much pillows as you can and sleep upright.

Hope you feel better soon :)

I'll send you a FR too, so I can follow your journey.

Firstly listen to don she's a nurse :) secondly when are you seeing your surgeon next? My surgeon encouraged me to use my arms as much as possible so make sure your following all your surgeons instructions xx sorry to hear you're in such a bad way, just remember the first 5 days are the worst and it does get better xxx

Honestly I wouldn't recommend taking ibuprofen at all, I'd be sticking to the paracetamol. Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Advil all can thin the blood which obviously isn't brilliant after surgery as it can promote bleeding. I'd be seeing your doctor for another script for something else.