Sign in to follow this  
Erinlee

4 days to go & the anxiety is starting to get really bad.. Help!!

Hi ladies,

I have 4 days to go until my BA surgery & my anxiety is getting so bad that I'm almost sick & I'm finding it hard to sleep.

Have any of you girls had this happen so close to surgery? Any advice on how or what I can do to control it, I've wanted this for so long & now because of the anxiety I'm starting to get really scared :(

Thanks xx

Hi Erinlee, how exciting for you!! Next week you will be a brand new you :D. What exactly are you scared about? It helps if you can define your fears into rational questions and then direct them to the most appropriate person. Maybe it will help if you ring your surgeons office and have a chat to one of the patient educators, or your surgeon? If it helps, BA is not the most major of surgeries, they generally only take about 45 minutes to an hour and a half, and I found the recovery to be not at all as scary/painful as what I perceived it would be. Do some calming things before bedtime to help you wind down (turn off tv/phone/computer 2 hours before bed, this REALLY helps) light a nice candle and have a cup of chamomile tea and read a book and stop thinking about boobs! Good luck, you will be fine. :)

Erinlee-

I was the exact same!! I had a huge freak when I went to pay my bills, and then the night before I was literally on edge! I couldn't focus or do anything- no eating, no conversations.. I felt like this big black cloud was looming over me!

THe scariest part for me throughout the entire process was the drive there.. I was absolutely petrified.. I got into the hospital and I cried witht he nurse, telling her how nervous I was.

I went through (and because the nurse saw I was really anxious) and my partner was allowed in with me, which was a huge relief.

We waited around for about half hour, then my surgeon came in and i spoke to him, and the anethesiest which also calmed me down.

once you're awake and the procedures done, it's done! no moreworries then! i found it very painful, but you have this attitude of "well this is what i expected" and thinking to the future and how it will all be worth it in the future.

i am now ten days post op and feeling fabulous! so much more confident.. this was the best thing that I have ever done for myself!!!! :D :D

i realise that this is my story.. but i'm hoping that by sharing my experience you might find some comfort/ confidence!!

xx

Thanks Madelaine, I am 13 days to go & feeling the same

F***king petrified :/

Erinlee i have just sent you a FR since im feeling the same as you & our ops are less than 2 weeks apart.

Would love to see your stats.

Look how many girls on here have had it done & look amazing - soon we will be one of those girls too xx

I was the same after booking for a while, was having panic attacks. Try telling yourself that your mind is just getting carried away with things that probably won't happen. Go for a walk take deep breaths, try to focus on something unrelated for a while. Remember all of the girls on the forum who have great results. I used to tell myself that the surgery was like when I went in to have a baby, there would be a bit of pain but I'd have a beautiful baby(boobs) afterwards, and I won't loose as much sleep or have to get up in the middle of the night for the next two years like with a newborn, Yay! Totally worth it!

If you can work out what it is exactly you're worried about, then talk to someone who can give you actual facts. For me, I swore I was going to die from an allergic reaction to the anaesthetic. So I did heaps of research and found out that if someone has a severe allergic reaction, they give them a GA to put them in a coma so they can recover. I have anxiety in real life totally separate from getting surgery, the thing is to work out what it is you're worried about, and think about it logically.

My worst fears are

Rejection of implants

infection - removal of implants

Horrific pain & slow recovery - only taking 7 days off work

Health issues - revision surgery, capsular contraction

Needles

Getting my virgin body cut open

Not being able to disguise them at work & everyone noticing the minute i walk in

subjecting myself to more surgery & complications down the track

being able to ride my motorbike & do weights

stitches

taking pain killers & getting fat & bloated

Looking fat

Driving

too big - will be a pair of walking tits if i go the bigger size (450c)

too small - Regretting not going bigger lol

I think thats about all lol

Ok....gosh! And what is your best case scenario? Do you have a list for that as well? We tend to focus on the worst things and yes, they do happen. But maybe make a list of all the things than can go right?

Thank you ladies your lifesavers 😃, I think it's just fear of not knowing how I'm going to feel after & going under anesthetic always makes me very anxious, even thought deep down I know ill be fine.

I've been telling myself that it can't be worse than child birth & at least I get pain relief unlike when I was in labour lol!

Katems22 have accepted your FR I will keep you updated on how it all goes.

Xx

Great idea Jess Ill do that too

& lol by virgin body i meant - not kids, no surgery, no operations, no stitches, no scars (not sex) hehe

Ok,

Great Tits

Look super hot in my bikini

no more seeking ultra padded bras & feeling self conscious

finally being on the OTHER side of the forum

Feeling sexy

Showing them off to my boyfriend

Great perky tits when wearing my PJ singlet

Getting a job at hooters (haha jokes) but everyone at hooters has a great rack

Finally being one of those girls with great tits that im always envious of

:)

That made me feel super excited.

:) I knew what you meant about virgin body. Until I had kids I had never had to go to hospital, never broken a bone or had stitches, in fact I had my kids naturally in a birthing centre not a hospital. So until my BA I never had surgery or GA or been admitted to hospital. Turns out I was worried over nothing and I was fine. And some of the things on your list are temporary and controllable. Like pain- you get great drugs- and being bloated- there are meds for that too and it doesn't last long. It's normal to worry, the key is to focus on the good things you KNOW will happen in favour of the risks that probably won't. Worrying about things doesn't make any difference to whether they happen or not, easier said than done I know but worry is a pointless emotion (says the person who has previously been medicated for anxiety!)