Sign in to follow this  
Samantha

Is this normal? Pic Inside

Hi ladies

I just noticed this today and I'm not sure if it's worth panicking over

30kqcgm.jpg

2lm6t50.jpg

(hopefully the pictures work)

So theres this extra swollen skin underneath right near the incision on my left breast.

I'm going to email my surgeon but I wont get an answer until Monday!

Pleaseeee helpppp!

I'm unsure Hun , did you have your crease lowered? Don't panic yet but definitely get in contact with your surgeon incase it is something you can nip it in the bud. Is it like swelling or more like loose skin?

You're still swollen so hopefully thats exactly what is happening there. I hope your surgeon puts your mind at ease, but don't stress as its still early days :)

I didn't have my crease lowered or anything and i wear the tape :( I was just re-dressing the tape and I saw it.

It's not painful or anything and it doesn't feel any different, I hope it's nothing too serious ARRGHHH

A lot of new incisions start out all puckered and 'outy' but they do soften and become flat but do need support of the tape to encourage this. Don't panic Samantha, if I had taken photos of my incisions from week 1 (nasty puckering) to now (flat, right in the crease and smooth) you would feel much better!

Hey Samantha, i wouldnt freak out just yet. Hopefully Mark can get back to you on Monday but in the mean time dont stress he would bring it up with you at your next appointment even if you didn't notice it, dunno if its an ego thing or a OCD thing but he wants everything perfect, so if it is a problem im confident he will fix it asap.

Its probably something simple like your internal stitch is pulling on the skin, i know this has happened to a few girls but once they dissolve it goes back to normal.

Hows everything else going?

Crap, you poor thing, with me complaining about mine, could be extra swelling along the suture line. Fox is probably right, could be stiches pulling. So lucky you have dr Mark he will fix whatever is wrong.

Edited by Partycakes
Add stuff