Sign in to follow this  
Diamonds

How much implant do you loose going dual plane?

Hi anyone gone dual plane and do u get upper pole and did you loose some of the implant going partial unders, the past 12 months I've been going overs so 3 weeks before op going against my number one big no no it's scaring the crap out of me specially the recovery :-(

post-8066-140437352129_thumb.jpg

post-8066-140437352138_thumb.jpg

I'm only 11 days out so not sure what my final result will be, but had dual plane. I think you get a little more fullness above the implant as the muscle is lifted. So it's better in some ways. If you are going a nice wide implant it should reach higher up your chest giving you upper pole. Is the pic of you with a padded bra? Do you know your BWD?

I'm only 11 days out so not sure what my final result will be, but had dual plane. I think you get a little more fullness above the implant as the muscle is lifted. So it's better in some ways. If you are going a nice wide implant it should reach higher up your chest giving you upper pole. Is the pic of you with a padded bra? Do you know your BWD?

Hi partycakes

yes that's a pic of me taken Friday with the mentor 550cc mod plus sizer in no wasn't padded but yes it was a bra sorry what's BWD? Thanks

BWD is breast width diameter, your surgeon usually measures this to fins an implant that suits you best. Implant diameter will usually be within 1cm of this measurement.

you will prob find most women on here have dual plane placement

Hi partycakes

yes that's a pic of me taken Friday with the mentor 550cc mod plus sizer in no wasn't padded but yes it was a bra sorry what's BWD? Thanks

The 550's look great, it's a large implant. I have 445's, they feel pretty big, depends what look you are after and how big your surgeon is prepared to go.

Ive always wondered what happenes if your implant is bigger than you BWD? Does it just not sit right and you'll be able to see edges?

There's a risk of seeing the implant edge and rippling but some docs will do it i think, probably not too far over your bwd tho.

BWD is breast width diameter, your surgeon usually measures this to fins an implant that suits you best. Implant diameter will usually be within 1cm of this measurement.

you will prob find most women on here have dual plane placement

Hi kiddi thanks for the info but I wouldn't know. I'm wide in the chest and broad in the shoulders..

Hi party cakes I think I'm 13.5 each breast does that make sense the reason top half will be unders? But in saying that I will have 1 finger gab between breast after op rather than the 3 finger gab I got now pre op.. I think I should go bigger but than I read threads and think bigger I go more chance of a malfunction lol

Yeah you probably don't have enough tissue at the top to cover the implant edge, closing that gap would be a good idea. I was worried about sagging going to heavy, also it can be more painful and risks like double bubble, but that depends on your anatomy, if your docs willing to go bigger and that's what you want weigh up the risks/benefits.

I think its all a guessing game, everyone you ask will give you a different number. I asked my PS and he said "who really knows the exact amount". Don't be concerned EJ, I don't think i've lost barely anything with both my full under surgeries.

ive read u lose 50cc full unders but I guess everyone is different ive gone up 50cc but now also going partial unders aarrhh Ive already got booby greed and there not even in..

Ive always wondered what happenes if your implant is bigger than you BWD? Does it just not sit right and you'll be able to see edges?

I've wondered the same thing... My implant is only 0.2cms smaller than my BWD so pretty close... I would imagine you'd get awesome cleavage haha? And side boob. ?

Yeah that's also the problem lol... My boobs sit wide though so I get more armpit action that cleave... He said even if I went wider it wouldn't bring the cleavage gap closer just more boob in my armpit haha..

Or Symmastia if not too careful :D

Thats scary! I let my surgeon know I didn't want a big gap between my breast he said he would leave a finger width and no closer as he said he didnt want the skin to pop up oh I didn't know that could happen but I do know I currently have 3 finger width pre op