Sign in to follow this  
Bebe

When can I have a bath?

Sorry girls, I think I have seen this before but can't find it!

I am 2 weeks 5 days post op...do you think I could have a bath? Maybe put waterproof dressings on or do you think I'm clear by now..

bebe

I've been showering...to be honest probably too long..ha I'm a sucker for a long hot shower and my incisions have been fine..I was allowed to shower then just blow dry the incisions from day 2...just been a bit hesitant to lay in a bath! For me getting in and not laying fully down is like asking my dog to just watch the meat we are cooking for dinner while I pop out! Ha

Oh and while I have your wise counsel, I have a dissolvable stitches..but I have like little tails hanging out my incision...I'm tempted to pull them, ha but realise I probably shouldn't can I just cut the ends off you think, the nurse said they are fine, they'll just fall off....???

i have been showering since day 2 (my tape was off 24hrs after). I have only been getting my boobs wet enough to wash, as in appply soap. I have not been touching my incisions though. I then turn around and soak my back for 15mins in a hot shower!!

i have been drying my incisions by gently dabbing with soft towl, drying the rest of my breasts gently and then doing my tummy, my other half dries the rest of me!!! ha ha ha even had him wash my hair.

I was told not to have HOT showers or baths for 4 weeks, you don't want your temp getting too high. It wasn't about getting incisions wet, but the risk of your heart rate getting too high.

well im bonned then as i had the flu, gastro and a burst cyst on my ovaries since my surgery, heart rate and temp have been all over the place :-(

worried now

well im bonned then as i had the flu, gastro and a burst cyst on my ovaries since my surgery, heart rate and temp have been all over the place :-(

worried now

hey sweets, have you called a doc or the hospital? Hope your ok.