Lyssa

ADRC Fat-grafting to Breast using Celution - Dr Chin in Qld

Hi everyone..

This is my first post but I've spent SERIOUS hours here over the last few weeks. I feel like I know some of you already :)

Your honesty & generosity in sharing your feelings and experiences has helped me SO much, I already think of you as my Boobie Sisters, & I'm only just beginning the journey!!)

From all the reading I've done so far, my first option is Dr Pipayas in Thailand bc i want BA & major lipo (4 starters :), but I'm really keen to explore more about ADRC (adipose- derived stem and regenerative cells first. It's done by lipo by extracting your fat cells first, then 'washing', stem cell enriching & then transfering them to breasts (like macrolane 'boob-jab' but lasts potentially forever). Max only 1-2 cup size increase, but no scarring, no artificial inserts, completely 'natural' as such. Stem cell enrichment apparently means that there is a much higher likelihood of fat survival once transferred.

Does anyone know anything about this? I am really keen to find out more. I've made contact with the clinic in Caboolture but would love to hear anyone's first-hand experience. Thanks so much for anything you might have to offer; good or bad!

Bit more basic info: Dr Chin is (from what I've read) a highly regarded plastic surgeon that does this procedure: the only in Australia I can find. They quote procedure at $18,000 which includes liposuction to harvest fat as well as the transfer for augmentation itself inc theatre, anaesth, etc.

I would LOVE to hear from any of you!!

I haven't heard of this procedure being done in Australia but it is very successful in the USA. $18,000 sounds very expensive for what it is and only 1-2 cup sizes, you could get the same result and a natural look using a very small implant for only a fraction of the cost :)

Hi I had two consultations with two different plastic surgeons for work. We were doing some research regarding various procedures. One thing that both of them mentioned was this technique which at the time was not approved in Australia. I dont know if it is now as I have not kept up with it. The key thing they both said was the fat cells have memory receptors so they behave like they would in their originating place. For example if your fat cells are quite large and come from your hips, if you inject these cells into you face or boobs etc and start gaining weight. These cells will behave like the previous position and start gaining weight as if they were still on yr hips. So you could end up with big boobs lol or if in the face big fat cheeks etc. one thing I didnt ask was if the reverse happens ie lose weight yr boobs wld shrink. I think it wld be the case but have not been told this. Goodluck!

Hi Donatella.. It's massive expensive if it was just for BA.. but because the fat has to be harvested, it includes all the lipo as well. If same procedures were done separately, they'd both cost much more (here in Aust.. not in Thailand! :)

But no scars, incisions, potential numbness, cc's & all the other scary stuff some of the ladies here have been thru..

Only major downside as far as I can see is 2 cup size max increase at a time. You can have a repeat injection bc they can fat-bank. I suddenly have potential to be a millionaire fast haha!

Sounds interesting but its a lot of money considering you could get a BA for a 3rd of the price.

How much is it in Thailand?

There are still risks evolved with any procedure!

Hey Grippster

I'm gonna get them to use butt fat first then lol maybe I can go 4 sizes straight up with this procedure after all!

Didn't know about the memory receptors anywhere, so that's great to know thanks! I have read that fat-grafted breasts will fluctuate w ur weight, so this explains why.

Cosmos Clinic in Syd had it on their website as an option 3 months ago but when I rang their nurse Laura told me they didn't do it anymore. I asked was this bc it didn't work & she said no, no, they didn't have a doc there that did it at the mo. Just looked for that page & it seems they've taken it down (their website says 'oops- we can't find this link anymore'. But they do offer this procedure for Brazilian Butts, if anyone's interested.. Mine's already big enough haha

Dr Chin on Sunshine Coast Qld is authorised & legit, but would be good to know if other Oz clinics offer it?

Your right Kiddi.. Always risks! This is done under GA, so all the standard potential side-effects there for starters. & all the standard lipo risks too

Re the fat-transfer part: it's been trialled for over 20yrs in Japan & Germany, & is now heaps better than it was.. Used to be high risk of calcification & cysts which is still there but much much lower. Main issue seems to be if too much fat out in one area at once, can cause liquification. Not so much fun, I don't imagine.

Use of extracted stem cells & improved harvestibg techniques mean fat has much higher survival rate so can have up to 80% of injected fat stay permanently. What's there after 3mths stays there (apparently!!)

Can't find it on offer there, kiddi. Will be a no-brainer for me if there is someone I can find with the expertise & experience tho, if its half the price for the same potential. Pls let me know if you've heard of anyone!

My PS talked a little about fat grafting but he said it isn't approved in Australia unless it is for reconstructive purposes after a mastectomy. There is an increased chance of false positive mammograms due to calcification of the grafted tissue, but he said it works quite well. It's appealing to use your own tissue, and if you consider that revision is less likely (most implant gals will need at least 1 or 2 more surgeries as implants aren't forever) then in the long run it isn't much more expensive.

...There is an increased chance of false positive mammograms due to calcification of the grafted tissue, but he said it works quite well. It's appealing to use your own tissue, and if you consider that revision is less likely (most implant gals will need at least 1 or 2 more surgeries as implants aren't forever) then in the long run it isn't much more expensive.

Hi Jaddles

That's exactly what several euro websites and Dr Chin say.. actually works out heaps cheaper in the long run because there's no revision required ever (based on 25 year Japanese study and some shorter Euro & US ones), and will never be risk of CC, rupture, leaching etc. And now that fat-grafting is stem-cell enriched (ADRC), the research is showing calcifications that give false positives on mammograms are negligible. Have been reading up on a few US clinics that do it and quite a bit of their work is replacing implants with fat-transfer.. don't know about here in Aust, but seems to be classified reconstructive surgery as much as BA revision.

Hi Lyssa, Im interested in Stem Cell Fat Grafting BA too. I found out about Dr.Chin last year, I have yearned for someone to do fat grafting BA with Stem Cell tech. in Aust. for years. I did find one in Vienna, DDR. Heinrich, he is one of the master in Stem Cell Fat Grafting BA. If I wasn't mistaken, he is charging USD20g for the procedure. I really like that he's using micro-cannula as it's far less invasive than the normal cannula and the wounds heal much faster. He only required his patient to wear the compression garment for a week, after than, you pretty much back to your normal routine. Im not sure about what type of cannula Dr.Chin uses though, did he mentions about that to you? If I lost weight, will it affect the size of my boobs as well?? That's the only thing that stop me from paying my deposit at the moment.

Hi Ace20

So exciting to connect with someone on the same page.. The more I've researched, the clearer I am that this is so the way to go!

Re DDR Heinrich- you might be interested in this: http://www.realself.com/forum/dr-karl-heinrich-in-vienna-for-stem-cell-breast-augmentation

Am currently thinking for me, Jeffrey Hartog in Florida, a PS who

A) has long track record in stem cell fat transfer

B) done many breast reconstructions & augmentations,

C) uses new HydraSolve lipo technology - released April 2013, & based on cataract eye surgery.. quite incredible results re min downtime, no bleeding etc- seems to have taken lipo to whole new level (like VHS to DVDs :)), and

D) his clinic has its own stem cell & fat bank, meaning only one lipo procedure necessary, so get body contouring results (that I'm also very keen for) straight away, still having benefit of fat down the track.

Had consult with (very lovely) Aust-based David Chin, but

- uses tumescent lipo

- no fat storage option

- 2 - 3 sessions required for results I want,

Which means 3 x 10day stays in Qld + 3 x full recovery sessions.. + a higher price bc multiple procedures..

Not sounding really appealing relative to option 1 at all, but I'm still open - currently waiting on quote from his clinic nurse after my consult last week.

Hartog's team are also getting back to me next week with quotes based on photos next week too, as are a couple of other US-based PSs I've been in touch with. At this stage tho, seems a much cheaper, far more technologically advanced option with much quicker healing times & long term options, so better all round!

Keep you posted...

Re my opening line in that last post.. This is definitely the way for ME to go, I meant to say. Don't pretend to have a clue what's best for someone else (tho if you want my opinion.. lol)

It's s really interesting concept, who knows, maybe it's the way of the future? My PS was definitely enthusiastic about the concept. Fat grafting has come a long way in the past few years. Definitely let us know how you get on!!

Hi Jaddles, it certainly is looking like the way of the future!

I am amazed by the number of people on a couple of US forums who have posted about having implants removed and then replaced with fat transfer & swearing they'll never go back. Seems to be an increasingly common practice.

I was all set on 'traditional' BA in Thailand before this little 'side' research - had committed to doing it this month (My countdown would now be nine days!). Am feeling really clear about this now so just need to finish my homework and make sure I choose the right doc!

PS - Found a Dr Simone Matousek in Sydney who does fat transfer to breast. She doesn't use stem cell-enhanced fat but Dr Kouri's 'Brava' system from Florida - a dirty great suction-cup bra set-up that expands the breasts. Sounds by all accounts mighty uncomfortable and you have to to wear it for weeks prior. Some docs swear by it and are clear that 'traditional' (as in non-stem cell) fat transfer won't work with out it, but not for me!!

Hi Lyssa, wow, so glad to talk to you!! ;) I have been considering btw BA & Stem Cell BA for ages. I had all my heart set for the BA with Silicone implants but during my research I have came acrossed Stem Cell BA. I learnt about fat grafting from a PS in New York then stumbled into a PS from Harley Street and the last one was DDR. Heinrich. I thought I have found The Surgeon if I decided to do Stem Cell BA, after reading the link you sent me....honestly I am really not sure now!! I have tried to check him out via internet but I couldn't find anything other than some interviews about him. Yet, so to say, it was 2 years ago...since than I have stopped looking into his works' reviews/complaints. The reason I never consider PS in US is I need to apply for VISA to enter America (I am an Malaysian) and you know, I might need multiple entries visa as I might need to go back for check ups. The visa thing really put me off... a lot!! :( So, did you ask him about the after procedure appointments?? Do we need to go back for check up like one week( this is not a problem, believe we will still be there.), one month, 3 months or 6 months after the procedures. I do believe, we don't need to have a frequent after surgery check ups as the Silicone implants BA.

(Sorry about the multiple comments. For some reasons, my "ENTER" button is not working when I need to start a new paragraph in this forum.) Oh yes, about Dr. Jeffrey Hartog, I will definitely check on his website, it's just too good to be ignored!! :o Stem Cell fat bank, min downtime, no bleeding....it just sounds like God's sent!! The fat bank is very important to me as I might not get the cup size I want in a single procedure but what about losing fat tissue when we loose weight?? Did you ask him about that? By the way, may I ask what is your desire cup size?? I am aiming a D cup but I am on A cup now. I was a B or a small B cup, the Grave Disease took away some of my boobs when I was in hormonal harvoc for about 10 months. The fat lost worry is still one of my major concern bc I know the whole procedure is very safe and I don't need to worry about ruptured implants, problems related to Silicone sensitivity and the possible complications/problems/risks.

If the fat lost concern wasn't solve then my another choice is definitely Brazilian implant. I know, I might still have the risks, I just hope that Silicone is so dense, it won't have Silicone oil leaks into my lymph nodes. To be fair, not all women with Silicone implants fall sick from the implants. The whole idea is after the implant being inserted, there are two reactions from your body. It either ignores the implants or take a real dislikes of them and starts to attack them. If this happened, the person will develop all sort of look-like Auto-Immune diseases, and yes, it will make you very sick. That's what they call Silicone Sensitivity Reactions/Disease. If you have this problem, you will either get the implants out or wait until your body get tired with the implant and decided to ignore them. My worry is if my body decided to be a b****, I will be bed ridden. So, to fight the b****, I even have Dr.Susan Kolb website filed!!!! She will be the doctor I go if I have Silicone Sensitivity Reactions. ;)

I do hope I can get my desire cup size from Stem Cell BA and maintain it.... :cool: Oh, I just FR you, I hope you don't mind, Lyssa! Can't wait to hear the feedback from the florida PS to you, I am sure it will be a good one!! He did sounds like a PS to go to....I hope all work out for you!! Please keep us updated!! Can't wait to hear more from you!!! ;)

I have heard about this too, but didn't look into it much as I don't have enough fat to be lipo'd out of my body. i'd love to have it done to get some booty though - it wouldn't have been an option for my boobs as I went up 4 cup sizes, but it sounds really interesting and if any of you girls have it done be sure to let us know all the details!!

:(:(:(....just got the answer: What happens if I lose weight or gain weight?Grafted fat will behave just like fat anywhere in your body. When you gain weight, the fat will increase in volume. When you lose weight it will decrease in volume. Well, fair enough. ....this is how nature work...I guess :rolleyes:

Hi all,

Im really interested in this procedure though I'd like to find out more about how people went with it. Has anyone gone ahead and had the procedure done? Im interested in the process and whether you're happy with the outcome...

and costs too!

thanks in advance :)

Hi everyone..

This is my first post but I've spent SERIOUS hours here over the last few weeks. I feel like I know some of you already :)

Your honesty & generosity in sharing your feelings and experiences has helped me SO much, I already think of you as my Boobie Sisters, & I'm only just beginning the journey!!)

From all the reading I've done so far, my first option is Dr Pipayas in Thailand bc i want BA & major lipo (4 starters :), but I'm really keen to explore more about ADRC (adipose- derived stem and regenerative cells first. It's done by lipo by extracting your fat cells first, then 'washing', stem cell enriching & then transfering them to breasts (like macrolane 'boob-jab' but lasts potentially forever). Max only 1-2 cup size increase, but no scarring, no artificial inserts, completely 'natural' as such. Stem cell enrichment apparently means that there is a much higher likelihood of fat survival once transferred.

Does anyone know anything about this? I am really keen to find out more. I've made contact with the clinic in Caboolture but would love to hear anyone's first-hand experience. Thanks so much for anything you might have to offer; good or bad!

Bit more basic info: Dr Chin is (from what I've read) a highly regarded plastic surgeon that does this procedure: the only in Australia I can find. They quote procedure at $18,000 which includes liposuction to harvest fat as well as the transfer for augmentation itself inc theatre, anaesth, etc.

I would LOVE to hear from any of you!!

Hi there, I just had TT (and lipo from tummy) and lip from outer thigh for fat transfer to my breasts. This was done yesterday 7/11, at The Avenue Plastic Surgery in Melbourne, with Dr Allan Kalus. I'm happy to report a successful result, 260 CC were injected to the breasts and I've gone up a cup size. I like you didn't want scarring, artificial inserts and especially any loss of sensation in the breast. I went back today for the post surgery check up and it looks very good, will have more to report next week. All up just to let you know I paid 18,000 for the 3 procedures.