Sign in to follow this  
nes88

Body lift procedure with Dr Jake Lim

After recently losing 30 kg..I was left with alot of excess skin on my stomach..I decided to go see dr jake lim..he was the only surgeon I wanted to do my procedure..(body lift) I'm now a month post op..and I'm really happy with the result..can't wait til I'm all healed up :) thank you jake..you have changed my life!

Hi, I'm about to have a sleeve to help drop my weight. I know I'm going to have lots of loose skin as I've been overweight for years plus had 3 children. I'm doing research now on body lifts to get some info on surgeons and costs. Do you mind telling me a little more about your experience? Cheers

Don't hold your breath Mrs Love.

There have been a number of glowing reviews of Dr Jake Lim lately where members have joined and posted their first and only post in the same day singing the praises of this surgeon.

Each post mentions the surgeon my name and exuberantly sings his praises but the OP never posts again. Sorry this surgeon and his staff choose to waste your time by hoping for a response when his receptionist or whichever staff member he instructs to make these deceptive posts has no intention of posting anything other than a blatant advertisement.

This is a cheap, tacky method of rustling up business which is insulting to every member of this community. We aren't stupid Dr Jake Lim, and I'll put any member who asks about you off purely because you obviously think we're all idiots. Let your work speak for itself, then maybe you wouldn't have to rely on underhanded, deceptive methods of rustling up a few extra customers.

Jaddles, while I commend you for trying to look out for the ladies on this forum (I promise I am not being sarcastic and don't want this to be taken with any offence!), if you are really concerned about some posts & believe that a surgeon is having someone advertise, might I suggest reporting the post so that Moderators can investigate (possibly contacting the original poster), rather than publicly shaming a very good surgeon with no real evidence? Or perhaps sending an email to Dr Lim's office to let them know of your suspicions and get some feedback?

I have not posted a lot on here, but I am booked in to have a BA with Dr Lim on 19 September (and I am real! :p ). I don't think he is short on business, it took me 3 weeks to get a consult! I found the ladies in his office (Catherine the nurse, and Robyn the office manager) extremely lovely. I must have sent over a dozen emails before even deciding to have a consult, and they were so helpful. Even after my consult, before deciding to actually book the surgery, I made numerous phone calls & sent emails to his office, and was really impressed with the level of customer service I received.

My consult with Dr Lim was also fantastic. He was incredibly thorough, did not make me feel rushed or pressured, and explained everything in great detail. Before deciding on having a consult with him, and before ever initially posting on the forum, I searched & searched this forum and found many people (who were multiple posters, some with hundreds of posts) who had surgery with Dr Lim and were all very happy. Choosing a surgeon was not something I did lightly!

I know I am not having the same procedure that is being asked about in this thread, but I just wanted to give my feedback about Dr Lim & his staff based on my personal experience.

KTS, I really do wish you only the best. And I certainly don't have anything negative to say about him, or his work, or anything else about him other than his dodgey marketing. I honestly apologise if I upset you, that's the last thing I'd ever want to do. But this forum is special. It's a place us patients can come together and share experiences and information. This isn't the first time this has happened, and it makes me mad. I find it insulting to everyone on here seeking genuine info.

Again, I'm genuinely sorry to have hurt your feelings, you're completely right, I need to keep my tongue in check and just walk away I suppose.

Nes88 - I will be reporting this post and the other ones.

Jaddles..report? Lol report all u want to..I have done nothing wrong..is people like you that like to cause trouble for no reason..

Mrs love, any questions feel free to ask :)