Sign in to follow this  
GoneSouth

PREVENTION Of Capsular Contracture

PREVENTION is key. Has anyone asked their surgeons for their opinion on minimising risks of getting capsular contracture. This is one huge factor that is holding me back from my boobie dreams. I don't want to have to fork out more money after already spending my many thousands on getting the boobs in the first place! I know that massage is a major factor in minimising, but I've heard of ladies taking vitamins and other suppliments. Anyone actually had CC?

Hi chick, I haven't had my BA yet but there are many girls on here who have had or still have CC now. The type of implant can help lower your chance of cc but I'm pretty sure if cannot be prevented. Capsular contracture is an abnormal response of the immune system to foreign materials in the human body. Medically, it occurs mostly in context of the complications from breast implants and artificial joint prosthetics.Textured implants you massage them for a while (not sure how long) to help the body stop forming a capsule around the inplant amd brazilians have a special coating around them to help stop cc forming. Sorry can't help u anymore that's all I know :-)

Hi gone south I've had cc in both boobs and have just had a redo because of it. I had my last set for 9 years.

my surgeon recommended brazillian implants behind the muscle to minimise the chances of it happening again. It's a very low chance with brazillians 1-3% so fingers crossed, but my first implants last me a good 7 years before they physically changed because of cc so that's a pretty good lifespan. You have to remember breast implants don't last a lifetime and you will need a redo at some point whether its caused by cc or not.

I know right? They should make breast augmentation cheaper.. seeing as you most likely become a repeat customer. Do your surgeons lower the costs when u have to have a redo with them? I should hope so. f*** paying for the whole thing AGAIN.. and possibly some more times.

Oh ok my bad! I'm not familiar with Medicare Etc in oz yet, we don't have that in the UK. Still don't know when I am meant to use this Medicare card lol!

I do have private health insurance.. I should look into that. Its about time they have something to show for all the money we've paid over the years. indie12 did u have private cover?

Hi hon, it's something that we all ask about I think....no one wants cc or to have a redo! I have the Brazilian implants which lower your risk of cc, as inde said. but it's something that you can't really control, some peoples bodies respond differently to having foreign objects in them. If it happens, often your private health will cover some things, as it goes from being elective surgery, to medically necessary.

I have an idea seeing as I've actually done it - redo would of cost around 14k same as if not a little more than original ba - private insurance covered half of it

GoneSouth if getting a revision is that distressing to you then do not go ahead with the surgery. I can guarantee you you will need a revision in the future. My first BA last 7 years, they were Nagors. I am trying a new implant this time that promises low CC and rupture rates but I am not naive about it all and know that again I will need a revision in the future, it is absolutely inevitable.