Sign in to follow this  
A_Rose

Twilight sedation

Hey, im a little nervous about the twilight sedation. I had a friend say they were told when they woke up that they had talked throughout it? Any stories would be great. Haha.

Im having twilight as well.

Im feeling confident that these days its pretty safe & widely used in sydney.

Though alot of this girls had not heard of it or thought it was riskier.

Im confident in my surgeon and im sure yours will be fine too.

They monitor you closely throughout and can administer more local or sedatitive as required.

When are you having yours done?

Iv read that you can wake up and talk through it I would hate to wake up but talking to you girls first hand makes me feel a lot better thank you for reassuring me how was TCI iv heard really good things from them I'm booked in with dr Val next week😝

I had Twilight & would do it again tomorrow without hesitation! Don't remember anything until I was up & dressed eating biscuits & drinking tea :p It's not as hard on the body as general (they say - I've never had it so can't really compare) & you don't need a tube down your throat as you breathe on your own...

It's fabulous! A couple of seconds after the canula went in I was out to it, next thing I knew I was waking in recovery feeling like I'd just had a nap. There was obviously a tightness in my chest & it was really hard to take a deep breath but I felt fine. I walked out of recovery, straight into the car no probs. I was in & out of TCI that morning of my surgery in 2 hours! Amazing :)

what is actually involved in T/S? i dont get it either? I had general and I was able to walk from the bed to the recliner within 2 hours (thats when I woke up) and then it was straight into the car to the hotel a hour later no problems