Sign in to follow this  
jshez

Newbie, Will I need help in Thailand?? Worried

Hi everyone!

Soooo me and my best friend are flying to Thailand to have our BAs done in a months time YAY!!!

I have been feeling pretty confident up until the weekend just gone where a few of my girl friends stressed me out.

Its only the 2 of us going over there (we are both having our surgeries done on the same day) and when I told my girlfriends that they couldnt believe we don't have someone else going over with us to help us while we are recovering. I guess they are worried because we are in a foreign country and cant just come home to be looked after.

Should I be worried about this? We have booked through restored beauty getaways and our consultant here in Perth has told us there is a lady who lives in Thailand who works for RBG who we can call at any time if we have any problems or concerns.

Has anyone else gone over there themselves or with a friend who has also had surgery without anyone else to help then? What was your experience in coping during recovery?

I had mine done 2 wks ago and I needed help getting up from laying down, showering, shaving under my arms and drying myself amongst other things for the first week and a bit. Now I can do things for myself but I still need help drying myself.

I went to Thailand with my sister when she had her BA and i went to help her out, and luckily i did! she couldn't shower herself, get up out of bed or even flush the toilet :( i suggest you get a friend or family member to go with you, what happens if both of you are incapable of doing these things? and if one helps out the other then they may be in extra pain because of it....it maybe quite difficult :(

I know a girl that went by herself with restored beauty getaways, the nurses and that at the hospital will help you when your there, but I don't think you should get that stressed about it, everyone's pain and recovery is different and there are so many girls that go by themselves and stay at a hotel by themselves and everything!! at least you have each other! you can't shower properly for the first couple of days anyway I don't think? just don't wash your hair and go to a salon and get it washed so you don't have to reach up and do it! or just take baths if you can so you don't have to reach down etc.. me and my sister are getting ours done the same day as you guys at PIAC don't know if that's the same one your going to?

My sister in law and I went together and both got our ba's on the same day. We were fine and you will be too. It's great to have someone else going through the same thing. Am now 6 weeks post op

I went with my mum but I didn't need help that much... More just carrying the shopping bags and hand bag when we were shopping up a storm haha...

There were girls there when I was in Bangkok who went On their own and they were coping fine- others didn't and the company I went with had staff who spent a bit if time with her but I would say 90% of people coped fine and were out getting pedis and their hair washed and shopping by day three.. If not sooner.

Dont stress- and if you need help ask- that's what you pay the company for!

Everyone's recovery is different, I'm travelling interstate to Sydney with hubby but I considered going by myself but decided against it incase I was one that didnt cope.

my bro lives in my mums house were I'm staying but I def wouldn't be relying on him to get me out of bed or dry my after a shower!!!

Goodluck with it all :)

I feel much better now thanks everyone :)

So true everyone is different, I don't think im too much of a wimp - have had loads of needles and crap pumped into my body when I was younger - but we will soon find out haha. Ive heard its hard to use your arms to get up for the first few days but as long as you keep relatively propped up your stomach muscles do the rest of the work!

breezab19 My friend and I are getting ours done at the Phuket Hospital which is different from PIAC - shame we could have suffered together! And yeah I think your right about showering, don't think you can until you've had your first check up where they remove the bandages and put waterproof plasters on the incisions

It really depends on each person, I know I've relied heavily on my partner for the past three days, especially to help me shower and get up out of lying down positions, there's only so much my legs and abs can do for me. I even needed help with eating on the first day cause the plates/ bowls were too heavy for me to hold.

Hope you figure it all out :)

I had a BA done 3months ago in Thailand. I did have my partner & nearly 2yo with me. I could have easily gone alone as I found I could do just about anything post op. I had a great recovery & very little pain (although I did ensure I kept on top of things by taking my antibiotics & pain relief regularly!) I had no troubles getting out of bed & getting dressed. (I could lift my arms no probs). The only issue I would have had if I was alone would have been lifting a heavy suitcase (which u shouldn't be doing anyway!) Particularly lifting a heavy bag into overhead locker on plane. Make sure you get help from air hostess! But you will have you lr friend with you. I'm sure you'll both be fine helping each other. Maz :-)

Welcome Jshez!

I am 5 weeks post op and I went through Restored Beauty Getaways in Perth. Bec was my consultant and my god is she amazing! We still email each other at least twice a week! :)

The lady who was my Thai Restored Beauty Getaways consultant was named Amm. She is wonderful. Her English is great. A lot of the nurses have excellent English as well. Who is your surgeon? I had Dr Piyapas at Bangkok Hospital Phuket. To be honest I didn't need a whole lot of help but I loved having my mum there. Just try flushing the toilet with your knee, that's what I did! The flush buttons are levers on the side.

The nurses will help you with EVERYTHING. They're incredible. Just make sure that if no one offers to help with your bags etc at the hotel you ask someone :). If you can't do it on your own, don't be scared to ask for help. Thai people are so beautiful and love to help!

Thanks for all your info jessiee :) My consultant is Bec also, she is amazing I agree! The staff all seem so nice and helpful at Restored.

Ohhh I thought it was Anne! Haha Amm would have been who Bec was telling us about then. Does she work at the hospital? My surgeon is Dr Pongsatorn, have a few friends who went through him and have amazing results. Have also heard many great things about Dr Piyapas, are you happy with your results and everything?? I'm so excited at the moment, but im sure ill be shaking in my boots in 4 weeks

Yes we will make sure we ask for help when needed, not afraid to do that :)

Bec is so wonderful.

Yes Amm is the lady at Bangkok Hospital Phuket :)

i am so happy with my results. I did get an infection but it's healing well and Bec and Dr Piyapas email me so frequently checking on me. I don't post topless photos but I have a clothed photo if you go into my posts you can see the thread I created with a link to a photo :)

Also if you haven't already, add 'Bianca an Steve' on Facebook and message her asking for an invite to the Perth girls Facebook group. It's the Perth girls off this forum. It's completely hidden so your friends can't see when you post in it either. The girls become like your bestfriends!

Hope to see you on there!