Porcelain Veneers?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have had 4 done - my front teeth (my Health Cover covers 2 of them each year and I only pay $80 or so) and am getting another 2 in December and will slowly every year get another 2 done. To me it was worth it, they are permantly white, I had kept chipping my 2 front teeth as I grind my teeth so that won't happen anymore, they feel great, smooth and I presume will never rot or have to get filling etc.

But it is a lot of money, ($850 per tooth if you aren't with HBF) and the procedure isn't pleasant, you are given a needle for each tooth, they then grind your teeth right down, make a mold, they they put a temporary tooth on (mine kept coming off and I had to go back twice to get it stuck back on), then you go back after 2 weeks and they give you another needle for each tooth and put the veneer on.

And you want someone really experienced that does it because it is permanently stuck to your tooth so if they stick it on crooked etc or maybe not steralise your orgianal tooth properly before they put the veneer you will have major problems. You can't change your mind afterwoulds if you don't want them anymore - your orginal teeth will be half the size they were before. Hope this helps.

Hi I have had 4 done - my front teeth (my Health Cover covers 2 of them each year and I only pay $80 or so) and am getting another 2 in December and will slowly every year get another 2 done. To me it was worth it, they are permantly white, I had kept chipping my 2 front teeth as I grind my teeth so that won't happen anymore, they feel great, smooth and I presume will never rot or have to get filling etc.

But it is a lot of money, ($850 per tooth if you aren't with HBF) and the procedure isn't pleasant, you are given a needle for each tooth, they then grind your teeth right down, make a mold, they they put a temporary tooth on (mine kept coming off and I had to go back twice to get it stuck back on), then you go back after 2 weeks and they give you another needle for each tooth and put the veneer on.

And you want someone really experienced that does it because it is permanently stuck to your tooth so if they stick it on crooked etc or maybe not steralise your orgianal tooth properly before they put the veneer you will have major problems. You can't change your mind afterwoulds if you don't want them anymore - your orginal teeth will be half the size they were before. Hope this helps.

Yeah that helps, thanks :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just returned home and I had every tooth in my upper jaw crowned, 14 in total.

It took me a while to learn to smile again but every time I see a picture from our holiday I think wow, it's amazing what a difference it made.

I also had gingioplasty (I probably spelt that wrong) but its where they use a laser to recontour the gum line. I'm also a bit lucky because I don't show my bottom teeth when I smile.

So I have A1 white colour and it looks really natural, not that over bleached white colour.

I know you are looking at veneers and not crowns but the result is very much the same.

My husband had two veneers done while we were overseas and they cost $450 Malaysian Ringgit each (depending on the exchange rate, it's a little less than $150 each) and he was actually amazed at the difference it made.

He also had teeth whitening but it wasn't a good experience for him - not the dentists fault though.

I have to keep reminding myself that I don't have to put my hand up in front of my mouth when I laugh or that I can smile and it looks fine.

I believe it was the most positive thing to come from my travels and if anyone wants the name of a very well respected Dentist in Malaysia with a setup that is like something from a movie, it's so modern etc.

You sit in a massage chair and watch DVDs or surf the Internet while your teeth whitening gets done!!!

I will happily recommend my Dentist. I have a tremendous phobia of dental procedures and my Dentist helped me overcome that.

A nice smile is the best accessory a girl can have ;)

Good Luck,

Kitty

A crown is more expensive as it covers the whole tooth and not just the front surface.

The reason I got the crowns was because I have a very narrow arch and dark buccal corridors and this effected what actual teeth were seen when I gave one of my rare smiles.

The reason we did the crowns was to modify the bite and shape, as well as address how much of which teeth showed in my smile.

My Emax porcelain crowns were $2000 Malaysian ringgit each, or just over $600 au.

I think they are between $2000 to $3000 each here in Australia.

I am so thrilled with my results that I want to get my lower jaw done too.

As its a more expensive procedure, it was a lot of hard work by my Dentist and his amazing team but I would never have been able to afford it here in Australia.

I'm super dooper happy with my results and I hope to share some pics soon :D

• 2 months later...

Hi Suswah,

Hope your BA went well.

My dentist was Datto Dr Kim How. A google search should show him. He has a surgery in Bangsar as well as Beverly Wilshire.

I believe he has a website, but I can try to find a business card if it will help.

I only found out afterwards that a Datto is someone who has been "knighted" by the King of Malaysia.

Dr How is an amazing person.

May I ask where you are getting your BA done? I had a fair bit done at once.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures up, sorry.

Wishing you the best of luck,

Kitty :D

His office manager is Ivy and she is such a wonderful person.

• 3 months later...

I had dental work done at Bangkok Phuket Hospital 3 or so years ago now, several veeners and a bridge done which is two crowns and a tooth in the middle to cover a missing tooth gap and also teeth whitening, during the process I wanted to quit my mouth was so sore and I felt like I had been punched in the face but I knew it was worth it as each session progressed. It was painful and time consuming as I needed alot done. The teeth whitening was quite tireing on the mouth as you had to sit there with your mouth open for ages the longer the better as the whiter the results. I have been complemented that many times on my teeth by stangers, friends etc... I would recommend it without hesitation. Goodluck

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lately, i had to implant a Porcelain Veener to solve a crooked teeth condition. For the cause i visited Dr. Pawel Zajac. It took me around two visits to complete the process, with little or no anesthesia required during the procedure. The teeth are prepared by lightly buffing and shaping the surface to allow for the thickness of the veneer. A mold or impression of the teeth is taken and a shade (color) will then be chosen by you and the dentist. Ithink that it was totally worth it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was suffering with my crooked tooth all these years. Due to my fear about scissors and blood, I keep dentists and treatments away even though I was crying inside. It is then my cousin explained me about porcelain veneers and gave me some recommendations too. Performed a detailed research on the internet, grabbed courage. I am totally satisfied with the treatment i have done from Oakville. Guys, porcelain veneers is surely a gem and it perfectly vanished my dental problem. A big thanks to my dentist!

I wouldn't do it. If you have great teeth now... just whitening them will look great.

They drill off a layer from your whole surface of the tooth ... it will need maintenence ad they can flick off after time, also have the potential to get bacteria/plaque to work it self under veneer over time.

But if you have caries or existing white fillings then it would be a good option over crowns. JMO

omg i would love to do this but the idea of having my real teeth permanently filed down scares the crap out of me.

My dad has veneers on all his visible teeth and he broke the veneer of the top tooth about 10 years after he had them done. The tooth underneath broke off and he ended up paying $15k to have a dental implant as it was his front tooth. He reckons the implant was the most horrific experience ever, your awake as they drill it into your jaw *shudder* but they look great, i just could not afford to fix it if my tooth broke.

I asked my dentist about them though and he said that it could be better (for me at least) to just have my teeth bleached heaps to make them really white

im not sure though, its great to hear how veneers and crowns have changed peoples lives so much

I have 6 on top and 6 on bottom, but I actually have plastic veneers which were much cheaper but still look amazing! I had stains from braces which couldn't be prevented because of the amount of fluoride in water when I was born. I tried everything possible, but dental cleans, laser whitening, supermarket whitening, teeth bleaching and absolutely nothing worked! I have had them done since November last year and it was definitely the best thing I've ever done. I got them done at my local dentist and it cost approx $5k but after private health I was only out of pocket $2800. Ill try and attach a photo when I'm on the computer next :)

Before and after! Never afraid to smile now :)[ATTACH]14153[/ATTACH]

WOW they straightened your teeth too, thats why i asked my dentist about them, i have a top tooth that sticks out a little like your bottom left one did in your before pic and he reckons that veneers cant straighten your teeth and that id need braces to fix it - amazing, no wonder you cant stop smiling

WOW they straightened your teeth too, thats why i asked my dentist about them, i have a top tooth that sticks out a little like your bottom left one did in your before pic and he reckons that veneers cant straighten your teeth and that id need braces to fix it - amazing, no wonder you cant stop smiling

I thought the exact same! I went to my dentist and said I wanted invisalign (the new plastic plate teeth straightening thing!), because my teeth had moved since having braces 10 years ago. I also said that after I would think about getting veneer's to fix the stains. And his question to me was, "Tell me, if you get invisaligns, will you still be happy seeing the stains?" and of corse my answer was No! He pretty much said he wasnt going to charge me ex amount of $$ to get invisalign and then $$ for veneers when he could mould the veneers to make my teeth look straighter! My top front werent even so he built them up to make them look as alike as he could, and the tooth that was sticking out a little is now just a little thicker then the others but you cant tell :) Maybe try another dentist and see what they say? xx