Sign in to follow this  
Sasha

Advice for my 2 different options please? BA & Lift

Help?! I am choosing between 2 good surgeons but both have different ideas. Background: I'm 35yrs and have un-even, saggy post breastfeeding size D breasts. Both surgeons suggest a lollypop lift, both suggest textured round implants. Doctor 1 suggests I go behind the muscle and get some breast tissue removed from both breasts so they don't continue to sag which will move the nipple further down. Doctor 2 suggests I go over the muscle to avoid that problem and remove tissue from only one breast to correct the unevenness. He says removing breast tissue is invasive and can encourage contracture. My questions are: how visible will the implant be if I'm over the muscle? I have the extra weight now to cover the implant but hope to lose it, I just don't know if I will ever achieve the low weight I desire. I like the idea of removing the breast tissue and I am having the lift anyway. Doctor 2 is a little more reputable but they both trained together and Doctor 2 still has the experience. I'm happy to name the Doctors I'm just new to the forum so don't know the etiquette. Capsular contracture is a concern of mine and would likely cause me to get them re-done. Does ANYONE have any advice?

hi there, it does get confusing doesn't it, everyone has there preference, I preferred the idea of unders due to the facts that the muscle helps hold the implant in place better and also unders then has more natural tissue over the implant, this is my opinion only as I said everyone is different. maybe get a third opinion and then see if this third doctor suggests anything the same as the other two.

I was in a similar boat to you - a D cup after BF with assymetry. My PS gave me a lollipop lift on both sides, as well as using lipo to reduce the larger breast. I had a 2 stage surgery, where my breasts healed for 6 months before having implants put in over the muscle. You can't see the implant at all, and so far I'm loving my results. Each surgeon has their own views and opinions, you can tie yourself in knots trying to pin down the right thing to do can't you!