Sign in to follow this  
Sasha

Advice for my 2 different options please? BA & Lift

Help?! I am choosing between 2 good surgeons but both have different ideas. Background: I'm 35yrs and have un-even, saggy post breastfeeding size D breasts. Both surgeons suggest a lollypop lift, both suggest textured round implants. Doctor 1 suggests I go behind the muscle and get some breast tissue removed from both breasts so they don't continue to sag which will move the nipple further down. Doctor 2 suggests I go over the muscle to avoid that problem and remove tissue from only one breast to correct the unevenness. He says removing breast tissue is invasive and can encourage contracture. My questions are: how visible will the implant be if I'm over the muscle? I have the extra weight now to cover the implant but hope to lose it, I just don't know if I will ever achieve the low weight I desire. I like the idea of removing the breast tissue and I am having the lift anyway. Doctor 2 is a little more reputable but they both trained together and Doctor 2 still has the experience. I'm happy to name the Doctors I'm just new to the forum so don't know the etiquette. Capsular contracture is a concern of mine and would likely cause me to get them re-done. Does ANYONE have any advice? :confused:

I too am having a BL and BA -lollipop incision.. I have been recommended to have unders and to me that is my preference anyway.... I don't know to much about them both but for what I think I have seen your breasts are unlikely to droop /sag more if I have unders opposed to overs she there is no tissue helping to support them..

are u able to get a third opinion???? I am having 3comsults... As I want to make sure I am 110% sure..

use the search bar on here and type in overs and unders etc as it will bring up all previous posts..

Maybe google breast tissue removal and see if anything pops up about CC....

Sorry not to be of more help.. Hopefully one of the experienced girls on here may see this and post :)

Welcome my2staffords,

I am having a lift (lollipop incision) and implants with Dr Dona on the 26th of November.

The implants are being placed under the muscle and are round textured.

I am currently a B cup and my Dr said I am just on the cusp of having too much breast tissue to have the procedures combined. I am assuming that is why one of the Dr’s is suggesting removing some of your breast tissue. I believe having the procedures combined has a 25% risk of needing a revision and that increases the more breast tissue you have.

Which Dr did you feel most comfortable with?

I recently had an anchor lift and ba. The ps removed some extra tissue from my right breast to even out the size. Hence it is still more swollen than the left. I had 400cc under the muscle. He said I didn't have enough tissue for overs. He said that was the largest he was prepared to go as any larger would comprise the lift. Im actually off to an emergency appointment today as I have a lot of pain, and it feels like everything is being pulled down my ribs (very hard to explain) it even hurts to breathe in. Hopefully its just a strain, worrying nether the less. I have before and after pics if you are interested.

I was in a situation a little while ago where I had two very different recommendations and I decided to have a third and fourth consultation - I could have done with just the third one but I wanted to make absolutely sure the recommendations I got were the most appropriate for my situation. I would get another opinion especially if they're talking about removing tissue!! It's riskier than normal.

I'm 35 and 6 wks post op from BA with lollipop lift I went under the muscle and round. I love the way mine have turned out. I got told if I went under they wouldn't sag as much as if I went over (with age that is).

Thank you everyone. All your advice has definitely helped my decision (not that it's 100% made yet). I did see a third doctor but it was a waste of time because he is priced so far above the best in the industry, with out the extra experience, that its unjustifiable. My reason for not seeing a 4th surgeon is that I want my surgery just before Christmas and while Doctor 2 is booked up, I reserved my spot with a (refundable) deposit. I prefer Doctor 2 because he is so in demand & busy but I might actually choose Doctor 1 (who is equally experienced but not as in demand maybe due to him having a break as he is old or not being aggressive in his marketing) because I like that Doctor 1 is removing breast tissue that is likely to continue to sag and cause my nipple to slip below the desired level. (Both are removing tissue from my right breast anyway and doing the lift). Doctor 2 actually showed me pictures of this and he wanted to avoid this by going over the muscle. However I am concerned about 2 things: 1. If I lose weight, I might be able to feel or see the implant or 2. If I get more than a little scar tissue it might feel or look like the ripples in the implant. Keep the advice coming please :)