Sign in to follow this  
libby1

9 sleeps

omg nine sleeps to go, im in single digits now, im so hoping Im doing the right thing, as some of you know, I will be flying to my sisters funeral 9/10 days post op and will be needed to do a fair bit of stuff organizing the service etc, I really hope im ok to do this by then and not let my family down. I considered putting surgery off till feb but mum insisted getting it done and said it would be fine, my parents are in there 70s and I am the main character of our family, I basically take charge is what I mean. im the one who holds us together. so fingers crossed all will be well otherwise don't think I would forgive myself.

You sound like a confident organised woman. Im sure you will be fine. You don't need everything from day one, so theres time to pop put an buy things you need later. You've done the research and given it a lot of thought, so im sure once its done you will be happy. Its a shame the cards that have been dealt to you have happened all at once. Good luck, you deserve it.

I am sure you'll be fine. Just remember it is ok to not do everything for others while you're healing up, and it is ok to accept help when its offered. Either they genuinly want to assits you, or they'll know to not offer next time if they didnt really mean it :D

I can only imagine the extra level of stress and anxiety you are going through, but I am sure you are doing the right thing. I am glad you didn't have to postpone indefinitely. I have only 5 sleeps to go (woah, that made my stomach drop!) so like MayneGirl said, we can share our stories and go through this together.

to be honest ive been walking round feeling like im out of my body, I don't no what im doing, my head is a mess, with trying to organize funeral and flights accommodation etc, I do have panadol, vitamin c, ahh bra, and antiseptic soap but that's about it, not sure what else I need, hubby has the Thursday and Friday off work so that's good.

Oh hun, its hard enough to get your head around a BA without the funeral details. have you writen a couple of lists so you cansee what needs to be done? I find if I try to sort stuff out in my head, it feels like Im trying to remember 15 things, but when i write it down its much less, its just I kept rethinking some of them :)

You could get some arnica if you are into homeopathy. Magnesium is good - it promotes healing as well as having a laxitive effect. Constipation is pretty common post BA. Some kind of ice pack would be really useful as well. I swear I had them on 24/7 for the first 3 days.

But really, just rest and relax = thats the best healer.

thank you I have bought laxatives, arnica where do you buy that from, I cant take magnesium I get really jumpy legs etc for some reason, im on heart meds so some medication im not aloud, thank you for your advice, I am definitely a list person, I also have magnetic white board on my fridge.

You can get arnica from any health shop. Maybe some.chemists. I have to emit Im a bit torn by it. I dont really believe in homeopathy, but I dont in herbal medicine and arnica sits in both camps.depending on its preparation. I did take it but not sure how much actual help it gave.