Sign in to follow this  
Sydneygal

Laser or peel for pitted acne scars Sydney

Does anyone have any recs? I have had these scars for a long time but i would really love to be rid of them now. What would be the best treatment and where would be a good place to go? I live in the inner west of Sydney.

I've had microdermabrasion done which made no difference. I had some laser sessions and they made a huge difference. I wish I could afford more treatments. Not sure where to go in Sydney unfortunately but thought I'd let you know I had success with laser treatments.

I've had microdermabrasion done which made no difference. I had some laser sessions and they made a huge difference. I wish I could afford more treatments. Not sure where to go in Sydney unfortunately but thought I'd let you know I had success with laser treatments.

Thanks Cupcake85! Do you know what type of laser you had? And did you have pitted scars?

I've not had it done on my face for scars but I get laser tattoo removal done at the facial rejuvenation clinic on George St in the city. It's a great clinic and I'm pretty sure they do all types of laser. The other suggestion would be Laser Clinics Australia. They have locations all over Sydney. Good luck with the search.

I've not had it done on my face for scars but I get laser tattoo removal done at the facial rejuvenation clinic on George St in the city. It's a great clinic and I'm pretty sure they do all types of laser. The other suggestion would be Laser Clinics Australia. They have locations all over Sydney. Good luck with the search.

Yeah i'd thought of Laser Clinics Australia. Ill check out the facial rejuvenation clinic in the city though! Thanks so much Chinchilla!

Hey Sydney Gal,

I'm probably a bit late on the posts but I have personally had many friends and family and even myself find success with peels. You just need to make sure you find a good skin therapist because they can become quite dangerous if not!

It takes time as well..so if you choose to go with the peels, you need to be really patient! There is no quick fix but you will definitely notice a substantial difference in scarring, general areas on your face will appear smoother, and I found even some fine lines that I had as a result of smiling too much or raising my eyebrows too much were naturally softened via the use of peels. Which is not at all why I chose the option, but it definitely feels like an added benefit. Peels can range from mild to strong and usually you need to have a 2-4 week break in between each one depending on how strong the peel. I have currently undergone 3 mild peels and 2 stronger peels over the last 3-4 month period. Unfortunately for me I still have some active acne, so the peels have completely fixed my scarring from acne that has come and gone, but seems to have aggravated my existing acne more then helped it. But I will say that the parts of my face that are clear, are extremely clear now!

I personally cannot comment on laser compared to peels as I have yet to try laser! But from friends that have had extreme acne scarring, they have had success with peels!

Either way, you need to choose what you think will suit your skin and what you feel more confident in - so best of luck with that decision!! I know how hard it can be to make.. Good luck and I hope you see results ASAP:D