Sign in to follow this  
lilbeetle

First Day Back At Work Post BA

Went back to work today, caring for my tetraplegic. I had contacted the agency and sort of fudged what I had done - didnt go into much detail - and requested assistance for the more physically challenging bit, which is pushing the mechinical sling on carpet when my man is in it. He weighs 120kg, so it was a struggle BEFORE the BA

Overall it wasnt bad except when I had to bend over. it wasnt so much that it was painful, but that a bubble of fluid or something kept moving and feeling really weird! Quite distracting :) I have 2 more days on light duties, then back into it.

I am nervous about returning back to work too - my work knows what I am having done though and I am at the point where I am so fed up with this place that if they try and push me I will tell them where to shove it. As soon as I have my surgery I am looking for a new job!

Hilarious! Pre BA I used to milk cows casually - its really good money - but chucked it in becasue I didnt think I'd be able to do it for a while post BA. So that farm is expecting me to ring them about december and say im ready to get back to it.

I just got a call from a rival farm who had heard I wasnt milking, assumed I was avaiable immediately and offered me work lol! Here I am, all this work avaible and not able to do one of them properly :D

Thankyou :)

And I agree. I got tired of full time farming so now Im retraining to be a vet nurse, as well as a medic for the fireservice. I just care for my man to cover my course fees. Once I qualify, Im out of there. Hes not hard to work for, its just not where my heart is.

Ive done two full days now, full duties. it hasnt been too bad. Some aching around the bottom of the implant, but for the most part just an odd sensation that feels like the implants are stuck on a rib and cant move down over them. I have noticed that the more effort I put into an activity, the more they boobs rise up in my chest, so Ive started wearing the breast band again to stop it.