Sign in to follow this  
Teeeleee

Arnica

Did anyone use it? Do you think it helped? Can you use it straight after or even before surgery?

I used the pills two days before and for about a week later. Mmmmmm I think it worked a little I still had bruising and swelling but it wasn't real bad. I don't think it's a must have thing the doc gives you enough pills.

Hi Teeeleee, I took the arnica pilules for about a week before my surgery & I am still taking them now just over 4 weeks after. I did have a lot of surgery done though, with HUGE amounts of bruising. Most of the dark surface bruising went very quickly but I still have some very hard, sore, deep bruising under my arms right next to my side boob & under my arms where the lipo was done on both spots.

I had bad bruising, especially on my hand after the canula, I was bruised for 1 month after. I took the arnica spra under my tongue every day and it did nothing for me!

I took it a day before then after until I finished the jar. I had a lift so had more bruising but it really wasn't too bad. I have noticed since I stopped taking it I have had cramping in my legs again as I did prior to surgery. Not sure if it's a coincidence or mot but noticeable none the less.

The doc told me it can also be a blood thinner so make sure you check with your doc if you're given the okay to take them pre op. I didn't use them pre-op but started immediately post op [doc said okay to take anything post op] and i noticed a massive bruise with also lots of swelling between my cleavage. It went away in about two days! Which is pretty good considering I'm the type to bruise with the smallest bump.

I was advised to have them one week before and one week after surgery. I am very swollen still and bruised- but think i could have been more bruised without them,as it isn't too bad.....but you can never know if they helped or not... I have no bruising at cannulation site..

I was advised to take them from the day before and then 2 weeks after and I had almost no bruising on my left and only a small amount on my right boob. I'm 7 days post op and that's gone now too. I was surprised as I bruise quite easily. But who knows if its from the arnica.