Hey ladies,

Quick question, will I be able to breast feed after my over the muscle BA? I'm thinking we might have kids in the 4 years and would like to BF....

I was so excitable at consult I forgot to ask and my surgery is this Thursday!

Thanks!

It shouldn't be a problem but I've read and been told an areola incision can affect the ability to breastfeed. That being said there is a member on a different forum I am on who had areola incision and she had no problem breast feeding so it depends. When I say areola incision I don't mean when it's used during a breastlift but when the implants are inserted through the areola.

I was told that there should be no problems, but I have unders. My surgeon did say that because I am going under there shouldn't be any issues. Not sure if that means if you have overs there might be issues though.

Cupcakes mine said the same about the nipple incisions, he also mentioned that going through the arm pit can cause issues too. Sounded like the fold was the best place to get cut to me.

Some people who don't have implants can't breastfeed or prefer not to anyway. From a mum of 2 kids with no implants yet ( both breastfed, 1st til 6 months and easy as you like and 2nd one I struggled with to last for 3 months) I wouldn't let the "It may or may not affect your ability to BF" warning stop you from getting boobs. So many other factors can also influence breast feeding even if you don't have implants.

:)

i think there would be a risk with any breast surgery... but an implant is probably the least likely to affect breast feeding. A reduction and any areola involvement usually do cause problems with supply of breast milk.