Sign in to follow this  
BoobNoob

Intimacey after breast augmentation!!

Hi Ladies, One very very important question I forgot to ask the doctor, "When can I be intimate with my partner again?". Its only been 9 days post-op but not sure on movement just yet of the new breast. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated... I know I'll have to keep his hands away just alittle longer...;-)

You're supposed to wait a week. Supposed to ;) If you're careful, hang onto the girls to make sure they don't jiggle and encourage him to be quick (ummm, you don't want to get your blood pressure to high if you get my drift!!) you'll be fine.

LOL!

They're not telling you because they're worried about your boobs falling off, its got to do with your heart rate and blood pressure in relation to the act, it is otherwise considered 'exercise' ;)

But a month is just ridiculous and most girls get back into it as soon as they feel comfortable, but the onus is on the person should anything happy within the warned timeframe :p

Here you go ladies, here's the medical reason why they advocate no sex for 2 weeks (that is rarely followed anyway lol)

Immediately after breast implant surgery, there are millions of tiny blood vessels that are trying to their best to heal. These new vessel connections are extremely delicate, and even the smallest elevation in heart rate or blood pressure can cause them to break or leak.

In a recent article in Women’s Health Magazine, Amy Beal and Paige Greenfield say “Breasts are covered in a network of tiny blood vessels that become engorged with blood as heart rate and blood pressure rise during sex, literally causing your boobs to blush.”

More disrupted blood vessels means more bruising and swelling, and a longer recovery. If enough of these new vessels break, you could wind up back in the operating room with a hematoma, and more importantly, with a higher risk of developing a capsular contracture in the future. It takes about two weeks for these blood vessels to heal, so keep it PG until then!

After the 2 week mark, it isn’t the blood vessels that you need to protect; it’s the implant capsule. The capsule is a layer of scar tissue that forms around the implant and eventually helps hold the implant in place. The capsule takes about 6 weeks to fully form, so before this time it is relatively easy to disrupt. If the capsule is disrupted, your implants could shift resulting in asymmetry. This is the reason why upper body workouts aren’t recommended until 6 weeks after breast augmentation, but it’s also the reason why you need to be careful in the bedroom!

Agree with Don, you are not supposed to elevate your heart rate for two weeks as it can cause internal bleeding. Plus an O tenses the mucles in your body which can cause the movement of the implant out of position in the early stages. In my case since I have a strong upper body muscles, I really felt it. My doctor said I had to be very careful. I didn't have the O for three weeks!!!!! :(

I waited four days haha it's kind of hard to keep your guy off you when you have these 2 new huge exciting things on your chest.

that being said we were very careful and gentle lol

My hubby was too scared to touch them until long after I told him it was ok... We waited 4 weeks I think... Maybe less... But it was very awkward the first time... Ouch... Don't lean on the boobs.... Ouch... I can't lie like that... Hahahaa ... Go slow and you'll know if something hurts - to stop.. But def give it a few weeks!

WOW thank you ladies, I should of read this before....too late :o However, it was not that successful for me, I had to stop as I felt flush and nausea (never have felt that before) it worried me a little. I had a tight top of so the girls wouldn't move around too much.. I think I'll wait another week or two now for sure...But your right, you have these two new boobs and you feel sexy and you just want to play....lol... p.s My man would touch them, he was to scared he'd "Dislodge" me....lol... Thank you for replies ;-)