Sign in to follow this  
Rosie616

When can I drive?

Hey lovely ladies :)

had my surgery yesterday I think about 11am.

i have my follow up appt today in Brisbane (I'm from Gold Coast), so about an hours drive.

do you's think it would be ok if I can manage the pain or will I ruin something? Hubby could only have 1 day of work and all my friends/ family and working and busy.

My surgeon said after 48hrs cause then the drugs have completely left yr system. Unless u are taking strong meds for pain. But he also said depends how u feel as everyome is different

My PS said no driving for a week, but unexpected circumstances meant I had to drive today (5 days post op). It was painful turning the steering wheel and felt very strange feeling the muscle and implant movement.

I am now very sore and hopeful I haven't done any damage, my guess is that two days early won't make any difference and it would feel this way regardless of if I drove today or Monday.. But I can't help but worry just a little. I was feeling quite good until then!